Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

sunl sucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default sunl sucks

Yah who are they kidding. 5 out of 5 stars? Not even name brands have a perfect score. perfect score for comfort. Yah if you like riding a bucking bronco down a rocky muddy hill! Reliability, ok maybe 3 stars because I have not had any issues with mine. Performance, it does have good power but will not do 40mph even downhill. Quality is ok at best. Harsh suspension, small tires, narrow stance. Sounds like atv television with suzuki. Thats all they talk about is how perfect the King quad is.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunl sucks

I have had A number of problem's with our Sun-l. However even though I bought my grandson A new Quad I kept the sun-l as A back up or Starter bike for my middle grandson, He is coming of age to start riding. Figure I can just turn it way down and let him putt around to get used to riding.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

big bore thats quite funny why did'nt u have a review for all the sunl's i was looking all over for them. but honestly quite funny.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

bigborehonda can you say ethics??? i don't think so

Old 11-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

Bill,
Man, this tread had taken off...I think the title has spark much emotion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG

Old 11-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

Sorry Med man Didnt mean to insult you . Just kind of thought this thread thing was open to the public my mistake.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

Apology excepted even though you have the right to say what you want on this public forum. I apologize for coming back that strong but I have attempted to work with sunl and like I said this is not my first business venture. I have NEVER seen a business as incompetent as this group of bozo's. People just need to get their butts in gear and step up and do something about this before they get stung like me and so many others have. I'm a long way from being finished.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

Med man 76 Its cool.Ive been in busines for 15 years myself. I thought you had been doing business with sunsucks for a long time.Hope it works out for you.Tell you the truth Iwas going to buy 20 or so kids bikes for Xmas to peddle but you guys scaaaaared me so bad I think ill skip it lol.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

This is the very first print you will see on the sunl home page of their website:

SUNL GROUP dedication to customer service, quality products, and competitive pricing have helped us grow to become one of the largest scooter importer in the United States. We offer quality products at low wholesale prices.

This also part of their website:

SunL Group is a Texas corporation and you agree that any legal action brought against SunL Group shall be governed by the laws of the state of California without regard to its conflict of law principles. Additionally, you agree that any and all disagreements arising from your use of or orders placed through SunL.com will be adjudicated in Dallas, Texas by an appropriate federal or state court.

If you folks are really po'd like you say you are then let's jump on board with the on going attorney general investigation, TxDot investigation, BBB forum or any forum to alert people about this situation. If you would like addresses or numbers you can contact me and I will get back with you ASAP. This thing was hot for a while but it has slowed down. Even Tony jumped off but I expected that. Who would want to join in and bash the company you work with.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

Direct off the Dallas BBB website - does this sound familiar?

Sun L Group
8551 Esters Blvd.
Irving, TX 75063
Telephone: (972) 243-4555
Fax: (972) 556-9479

The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report
BBB Definition:
report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB membership information, and Bureau complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by the BBB.

Principal: Ms. Karen Wickham, Customer Service Manager
Customer Contact: Ms. Karen Wickham, Customer Service Manager
BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record
BBB Definition:
unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern
BBB Definition:
pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.
with the Bureau due to failure to respond to two or more complaints.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 38 complaints about this company.

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.
No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.
Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.
BBB Definition:
Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.
Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.
Refund or Exchange Issues
BBB Definition:
Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.
Competency Licensing

This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. The Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

Company Management

Additional company management personnel include:
Mr. David Shan - President

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report as of November 27, 2006
Copyright? 2006 Better Business Bureau?, Inc.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
That is about as black and white as you can get. If those of you that think there is just a few dealers that have had minor problems then this should show you it's not that way. This is just the BBB website. If you look you will find more and more upset customers.

Quick Reply: sunl sucks