Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

sunl sucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunl sucks

Tony - I commend you for telling the truth. It doesn't surprise me that Christine raised hell. She couldn't handle the heat and would just melt down and I bet she still does. But just a FYI.
You might want to look for another job because there are a helluva lot of PO'd people out here and they would love to see sunl tumble. We will do everything that is legally possible to see that it happens.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

yes she is still the same. im one step ahead of you.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: mustangman
I know that my SunL problems was not due to initial setup! I used loctite on every fastner, changed oil, spark plug to NGK, checked bike over and over everytime my son would ride it. In the first two weeks of ownership, the trans would not shift properly. After getting a new bike from the dealer and another 2 months later, the motor took a crap - ring problem - air in oil and oil was spitting out the breather tube on the back of the motor.
It wouldn't have mattered if Soichiro Honda himself setup and assembled it.
A truck-load of parts, quart bottle of loctite and a full time certified Honda
mechanic won't help these things. They are just too cheaply made and problematic.
The SUNL 90cc quad I got, well the frame broke in 7 places with my 55lb kid riding
it on flat dirt. While there may be some on this forum that have had decent luck with
em, I have not. Maybe the quality varies from batch to batch.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
The reason your exaust bolts comes loose is because of the excessive engine wiggling. Your exaust is attached to your engine and if your engine is not securely fastened down,your exaust will work itself loose no matter what.

Take your rear wheels and get them off the ground about 3 inches. Fire up your engine and look at your motor when you give the throttle a slight twist. Does the engine stay put or is it wiggling all over the place?If it wiggling all over, check to make sure your engine mounts are NOT broke. If all this is OK, than you can easily weld a bracket on the bottom side of the frame that will line-up with two holes on the bottom side of the engine for added engine mounts, this should stop your engine from wiggling so much and prevent your exaust bolts from coming loose too.

Best of luck.
I have done everything you said except put in a additional motor mount. I do agree that it needs more support.Its a shame you buy something brand new of that poor quality

Old 11-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

The bottom line is sunl wants to make as much money as they can at anyones expense. I have seen quads (not just one - they used to hide them in the back of the warehouse in Dallas) that have caught fire due to faulty fuel lines and who knows what else. I had a customer that had this to happen with his eight year old boy. Fortunately he didn't get burned. (Yeah I know they are suppose to be 16 yrs. old and weigh less than 100lb. but how many humans do you know that fits that description) If McDonalds caught hell over hot coffee just imagine what will happen with something like this. I guarantee this is the crap that the government is looking at when considering quads for the future. It could have an effect like the three wheeler and remove quads which would decrease our sales drastically. It is our responsibility to reveal this type of business practice as a preventative measure to keep the better quality quad manufacturer from being banned.
The supposed owner at Dallas sunl told me last year that he moved 30,000 units per month. I don't know if that is every month or just during peak season but that is a hell of a lot of junk being sold. If they net $50 per unit that isn't a bad gig. Have you ever had a sunl rep invite you to a training meeting so they can show you the new models and how they should be assembled, repaired, etc. HELL NO - I haven't. That would cost to much money and like they give a crap once it has left their dock.
Alibaba has a list of manufacturers all over China. I have had manufacturers tell me that they have different grades of quads. They have quality grades, medium grades, cheap grades or make them how you want them. You can find some of the companies that build quads, bikes, go karts, scooters, etc. for sunl and they will tell you sunl wants the cheap grades. That is why you get SLA90's one week made one way and the next week they are different. You shouldn't have to weld plates, add engine mounts, brace frames, etc. to a unit out of the crate. You do something like that and sunl will tell you it has been altered and gives them another reason to reject a warranty.
I like what Big Ric had to say about Soichiro Honda. Just face it they are junk units at cheap prices. The GM at Dallas told me those exact words. They know what they are selling.
We need to group together and put this company in their place - OUT OF BUSINESS - before major accidents happen and it effects our businesses.
I am compiling a list of individuals and dealers that are ready to add their name to a class action law suit that is in the works. Seems like the only one's defending sunl are a couple of dealers that haven't got screwed yet and a sales rep from sunl dallas.
If interested please email me at plvm52@yahoo.com

Old 11-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

Guys,
Thanks so much for the insider look at these quads. This is the kind of stuff we have to expose and hold them accountable. Whether you lost money or not, we owe people our opinions to prevent this kind of crap from going on. Chrismas is coming up, please give honest reviews on all quads. SEADAWG

Old 11-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

i agree wit u medman. i was putting one of them 90cc atv and got it together and when i checked the oil and put gas in it and cranked it i took it for 1 circle and on the 2nd circle the chain broke because the swingarm was bent when it shoulda notta of been

Old 11-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

that was in my business parkinglot

Old 11-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

bigboredhonda is a sunl worker so dont listen to him if he says sunl has good product becuz i know him and his name is tony he runs the place when David isnt there. and he is also a big droopy ***** wrinkle in his personality,attitude and the way he treats his customers and believe me i know hes treated me like crap for 1 yr.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: lilrea
bigboredhonda is a sunl worker so dont listen to him if he says sunl has good product becuz i know him and his name is tony he runs the place when David isnt there. and he is also a big droopy ***** wrinkle in his personality,attitude and the way he treats his customers and believe me i know hes treated me like crap for 1 yr.

LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My laugh has nothing to do with you bigboredhonda, but this was the best laugh I have had in a long time!

The comment of big droopy p**** wrinkle just had me cracking up. I would have laughed no matter who the comment was directed at.

Quick Reply: sunl sucks