Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Chest protector??? what size/ brand is good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006 | 06:37 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Chest protector??? what size/ brand is good?

my son hit a tree two times in our yard today, he wears his helmet, but when he wrecked I saw him come up off the seat and now I want him to wear a chest protector, anyway he will be 5 in dec and weighs about 45-50 lbs. what size do you recomend??? what brand??? is pee wee his size or a small??? I am thinking he is maybe inbetween sizes and may buy both, what do you recomend, pls help me out, this has been a great site for his quad repairs and so on, now any recomendations for chest protectors???

Old 11-13-2006 | 08:48 PM
|
Range Rover

anyone?

Old 11-13-2006 | 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

dealseaker,

If you have a motorcycle dealer near you take your son in and have him try them on. Chest protectors are not all cut the same nor do they fit the same. Let your son choose which one feels the most comfortable on him. My son tried on four different models before he found the one he liked. As far as which one is better, who knows it comes down to personal preference. So wearing one is better than none.

Good Luck.

SB.

Old 11-13-2006 | 10:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree with the above post... it's all about the build of the person you gotta try them on. Most chest protectors for motocross, or at least the dozens i have saw and/or wore were average. I ended up buying a EVS which is a wellbuilt protector for the chest, but left the arms and shoulder ends exposed. I recently sold most of my motocross gear and now wear hockey shoulder pads under a FOX shirt and Lacrosse arm guards with wrist guards. The protection is unbelievable and it gave me more confidence to jump and ride better on the track knowing I was protected.

Sounds like your boy might wanna take it easy if he's repeatedly hitting trees. It's a must to have the bare minimum equipment for ALL riders which include helmets, goggles, arm guards, leg guards, gloves & boots. I recommend picking up those things and down the road getting a neck guard and padded hip protectors. Hope this helps...