Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

anyone own a Hybird 250?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 03:25 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone own a Hybird 250?

I'm thinking about buying a 2006 Hybird 250 from someone. He says there is nothing wrong with it. He's getting a Polaris and is making room. I'm getting it for a nice price $500, so I was just wondering if anyone has any horror stories or anything nice to say about one of these. I have 2 other Chinese quads, so I am used to working on bikes. I can basically fix anything as long as I can find the parts. I can't seem to find a lot about these on the internet. The one review I did see was for a 200cc and he seemed to love it.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:29 AM
Trailblazer

They're pretty much the same as any other MIC. They all usually get their own branding once they hit the USA.
As far as engine components, you shouldnt have trouble locating parts. Again, they all usually use the same engines.
Theres a couple good threads about the similarities throughtout the different brands, and Ill dig them up and post
them here for you to go through. Lots of good people here to help you as well, like slydog, and chineseatvmechanic, and a bunch others.
For that price, Id say get it, as theres plenty of help to get here if needed. Good luck.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sflarider

They're pretty much the same as any other MIC. They all usually get their own branding once they hit the USA.

As far as engine components, you shouldnt have trouble locating parts. Again, they all usually use the same engines.

Theres a couple good threads about the similarities throughtout the different brands, and Ill dig them up and post

them here for you to go through. Lots of good people here to help you as well, like slydog, and chineseatvmechanic, and a bunch others.

For that price, Id say get it, as theres plenty of help to get here if needed. Good luck.</end quote></div>

hi bird industries, one of just a few chinese companies that manufactures, imports and distributes their own products under their own name.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:27 AM
Range Rover

Chineseatvmechanic is right, Hibird is one of the few that actually import and distribute under their own name. ATV's like Vbike are actually rebadged Taotao/Aim-ex ATV's. Typically the quality is a little lower from the Hibird's versus the Taotao brand like the Vbike V4S which is very well built with good welds and grease fittings on the front end, a lot of bang for your buck.

Slydog

Old 05-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Trailblazer

My bad, I thought HiBird was a rebadge too. Sorry for the misinformation.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:28 AM
Trailblazer

Well, thanks for the info. Thats a little scary. Last thing I wanna do is buy something that is going to fall apart. I have found some good reviews in fact on this forum. As with anything I suppose I will have to go and check this thing out for myself and make a decision as to its quality. Its for my wife actually and she won't be jumping or really beating the heck out of it. Still, I don't want it falling apart and have to dump loads of money into it.
Does anyone know of a site to get parts for these Hi-Birds? I know thats the hardest part of the battle in fixing the Chinese ATVs, being able to get what you need without someone telling you "its on backorder"

Old 05-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Range Rover

In your original post you called the quad a Hybird. It is spelled Hibird, so maybe that is why you didn't get the search results you were looking for. Try that and see what you get.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Range Rover

hi birds=Text

Old 05-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I soon realized that. In the AD where I saw this quad he had it spelled with a "y" that was what was throwing me off on the searches. I am finding more and more info. I wanted to find as many people that actually owned one of these before getting it, just to see if it was prone to any problems. I appreciate all the help from everyone.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] OK, OK, I took the leap. Today we made the 2.5 hour drive to NY buy it. I test drove it, seemed like it need a good tune up. It was back firing a bit through the carb, and in general running kinda rough. I got it home, drained out the gas and put in new clean gas, put in a new plug and was adjusting the carb. It was starting to smooth out and run well. Then I noticed the gas tank was leaking and the guy tried to patch it with some kinda gunk. SO, drained the tank, glued it, clamped it...it's gotta dry for a while now. In the mean time I took off the carb and saw it had this crappy little O ring thing between it and the engine that was probably leaking horribly. Gonna replace it with a real gasket. I think It will make a big difference. Sometimes you just gotta redesign things as you go along. Hopefully when the tank is dry I can put this thing back together and see what it can really do. I gotta get out the camera and take some pics of that and my sons new SunL for my profile.

Quick Reply: anyone own a Hybird 250?