Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

TRX90 over China

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX90 over China

Good to see that I am not the only one who has figured that most everything from China would be over priced at the dollar store.

All employment, economical, political, humanitarian, and other seriously important factors aside (yea they fail as a nation on all levels there dont they) the one main factor to be cautious if not totally avoid Chinese made products above the crooked and mismatched plier level (what they seem to be really good at lmao) is that what your paying is still many times above the value of the product, and I mean well beyond that of the other typically higher priced and higher quality products.

They are just not currently able to compete with the quality products being produced in other places, and even though the products they produce are many times better than the total garbage that has hit our shores from there in the past(and also totally messed up our economy, but thats another story) its still absolutely sub par compared to what we have to available.

I mean just think about what direct comarisons on less expensive products we can make. Things like all these wondefull drills, saws, and other similar products we come into contact with everyday that either fail or have other problems that we just accept due to the lower initial cost of the item. Then think about how much even these inexpensive items are really costing us compared to an actual quality product that would last many times longer, and most times without anything more than regular maint.

Surely most all of us have attempted to save a buck only to become frustrated or totally pisssed later on after our bargain burned up or proved useless and ended up in the trash.

Personally this is not the experience that I am wanting in a larger investment like an atv, and I wouldnt even consider putting my life, my safety or especially that of another family member in geopardy due to saving a few bucks on a dollar store atv.

Its not even an option, and if my many years experience dealing with both domestic and imported ball bearings and related industrial products has taught me anything it has shown that you dont want to risk your **** riding on a set of Chinese bearings, and dont even think about an entire machine.

I know to many its just purely economics, but remember the reason your being offered such a great price is the same that you must question the quality, and the reason is that when the manufacturer puts such a priority on quantity over quality, and employs tactics like prison labor, and supposed or alleged produce or die policies to its workers its obvious that there is a lot more to these economics than first meets the eye, and very understandable why the people making this junk would be willing to miss those little QC things that may even hurt the end user.

I think harw made a wise choice, and even though there are many foreign countries producing excellent products in our industry that are worth a look it seems to be a good decision to avoid products from this country for the foreseeable future.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:59 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default TRX90 over China

Not everything from China is junk, but a $1000.00 Honda is pretty darn hard to beat.

Old 12-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Range Rover
Default TRX90 over China

me think the trx was a better choice also
D

Old 12-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX90 over China

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Not everything from China is junk, but a $1000.00 Honda is pretty darn hard to beat.
I have to think thats true, but I having trouble thinking of any, and I am being totally serious here.