Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Problems i've encountered with the 100 mini deluxe...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems i've encountered with the 100 mini deluxe...

I bought the mini 100 from raceway the end of january,it's been used every weekend since.(6 year old son)
The first problem was with the seat.The plastic clip was broke..Raceway sent a new one know problem..
The first two weekend's taking it out we rode with out any problem's.Then some of the problems started..
First the headlight broke were it was held on by a philips screw.Then out on the trail the thing wouldn't start..Had to
disconnect the tether switch..Not a big deal.The following day out again,thequad dies again.Found out the negative wire
going to the battery had snapped...Cheap wire connectors,replaced both positive and negative..Noticed front headlight was
dim on the way back in..Ground wire broke loose at the solder joint.This past weekend on saturday,quad dies again on the trail.
Would not start after taking a break..Found ignition wire's had come disconnected from the solder joints..Had to jump the wire's to get it started..
Called raceway today to get the new parts.Nice people to deal with...Said they will send them out..Asked for a wiring schematic on the quad..
I guess they don't have any yet but are working on getting some...

From reading post's on this board is why i chose raceway..Good to deal with..Knew from reading about chinese quads,be prepared to work on them.
Did not expect every weekend on the trail though...I ride with my son threw the dry creek beds and sand..This quad does well on the trails and threw the washes though..My son enjoys and has a good time..Seeing the smiles on your kids faces is priceless..I'm not here to bash anyone or bad mouth the 100 deluxe..Simple fixes and better connectors would take care of all the small things..Rewiring it and straping the wire's down will probably be my next step..Also made up some angle iron skid plates to prevent any rock damage..The stock one's dented easily not there problem
though...

Just wanted to finally post so maybe it will help other folks out.That's some stuff i could have fixed if i would have known ..

Still happy with the purchase...Thanks

Old 03-06-2007, 03:54 AM
Range Rover

We appreciate your imput; sorry to say I'm not familiar with the 100 mini. Is this a two stroke ? My daughter has an Apex 100MX Pro. Good bike but have small issues which are irritating. Sorry if I'm talking Apples and Oranges. Stay in touch; someone out there may be able to assist you. Although it sounds like you got a good handle on things....

Old 03-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds like once you get all the little bugs worked out,you will be good to go.I know is sucks to have to work on something that is new.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

1128633636 it is a four stroke..Has good top end for a little quad..Alot of engine vibration once it is opened up..
It wont climb over river rocks when my son comes to a complete stop.If he keeps a steady pace it does really well..
He's a good rider for his age cause he listens..No crashes yet ..It doesnt to me seem that it tips easy..I haven't
seen a need for any wheel spacers yet..I like the fact he's able to take a narrow line threw some of the trails..
He likes to open it up on straight aways against grandpa, for short bursts though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Also if the raceway guy is around, i have a question..i think your name is John

Once i recieve the ignition switch will i have to re-solder the wires on..Plus since i dont have a wiring schematic not
sure were every wire goes..Could probably ohm out the wires and figure it out but would like to do it the easy way..
If anyone else knows feel free to answer..

Thanks

Old 03-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well once again a problem with the quad..The muffler bracket broke right above the weld..
Had to just twist it off and continue to ride..I think my son thought it was cool due to the
excessive noise.Haven't been able to make it threw a weekend without a problem..Think
you get a handle on one thing, then something else happens.Sooner or later i'mgoing to
run out of parts to replace.I guess i'll be calling Raceway again on monday...

Old 03-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Pro Rider

jamlew,

If your ignition switch has the wires soldered to it, your new ignition switch will most come with a new wiring harness already soldered to it.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

all the electical componits have plug in connectors,

Old 03-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Except that the ignition wires going into the ignition switch are plug-ins, they are soldered to the back of the switch. His new switch should come with the wiring harness already soldered to the switch. All he will have to do is take the old switch off the bike and unplug the harness that the wires go to, and put the new switch on and plug in the new harness.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have taken care of the ignition switch..It did come with the wires soldered to the back and the plug on the other
end...Now i have to replace the muffler...I guess i should start looking at the welds also..That may be next??
Also on this bike..When I received the title on this bike it states it's a 110cc jetmoto..I was under the impression it
was a distributed by sunland..Not that it really matters at this point..thanks