Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 Easy way to take off Carb

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default LT80 Easy way to take off Carb

Jetting isn't it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I get my carbs from Zuki.
I know I'd be switching carbs to see first.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was reading another post you mentioned when you clean the carb to take out the needle seat and clean it.

Is that under the main jet with the o ring between the two? If so how do you get that out to clean twist pull yank?
i see it but wasnt sure if it's made to come out.

Fine I won't change the Jet I will. I will switch the carbs after this trip.

Do you think compression would be a factor at all and what do i need to test compression is it a special tool and do i pump the cylinder full of air or crank it over while this tool is hooked up?

I know i'm asking alot of questions but, someday Lt80 wont be here and we will need to fill his shoes.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Compression could be a possibility.. You need a compression tester. I got mine from Sears. You screw it in the plug hole and with the throttle wide open you crank the motor till the guage peaks.
Maybe someone has one you could borrow.

The float needle and seat are under the float. Pull the float pin and remove the float and you'll see the brass seat.

I never pull that o-ring out from under the main jet.

Ask anytime. Happy to help.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I has simmiler problems last year ...I cleaned entire carb 3 times BUT I did not clean pilot jet...so...I cleaned pilot jet and it runs like brand new....Just a thought

Old 04-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay well I went on my trip and we had a good time but here is the damage report. The lt80 that was working when I left stopped working after the 1st day. I think its a plug cap problem or coil, because the coil also has a crack in it. The one that didn't work when we left started up and ran okay. I just had to keep the choke on and lock the throttle down so they couldn't go very fast otherwise it would stall. I'm giving up on the lt80 that doesn't work, and I'm just going to work on the one with the carb problem, I've ordered a carb once it comes I'll let you know the news.

Also the water pump seal on my lt500 went out so I had to strap on a jug of water every ride we took, sometimes I just want to get all brand new quads.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Range Rover
Default LT80 Easy way to take off Carb"></title><script src=

While awaiting an answer to my other post, I've been doing some deeper reading on the LT80's in general. I just wanted to post a trick about the LT80 carb bolts that I did not see in this thread.

This thread covers tricks on how to remove the carb bolts. Once you have done so, I recommend NOT using the original bolts to remount the carb.

Instead purchase some Socket Head Cap Screws (S.H.C.S) of the same size and length as the original bolts. I bought a pair of stainless steel and they have saved me a TON of aggravation when needing to access the carb. I found the originals the most frustrating part of the entire removal process!!

The advantage here is socket heads use Allen keys. From this point, you can purchase a socket with the right allen key on it (which I did, but of course cannot find now!!) or use a standard Allen key. You may need to trim just a bit off the length of the long side of the key in order for it to fit w/o hitting the front framework.

You still utilize the access hole on the left side bolt just as you would have with a screwdriver.

Have fun!!