Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

2007 Eton 90R - problem with Mud in clutch assesmbly

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Eton 90R - problem with Mud in clutch assesmbly

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: oldyeller

The etons are very reliable little machines..99% of the problems I hear about are related to the reverse models with electrical gremlins..Ours is a plain Jane 90cc two stroke model and its been a great bike since day one.</end quote></div>

That's good to hear, and it does seem that Eton is on top of the electrical problems, and I have a one-year warranty, so if anything goes wrong in that tiem it should be straightened out I expect under warranty.

See my new pics as well!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

That Viper looks crazy with those huge tires![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...A little off topic but how do you like the vector?

Old 05-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

Oldyeller, it's an amazing machine. Not only is it very pretty, it is very torquey, surprisingly quiet, has excellent lights, and just feels real good on the trails.

We might have gone a bit overboard putting 25" Bearclaws on the back (and maybe if I had to do it again I would choose the same 22" Mudlites I have on the Viper), but with the hugely wide wheel spacers on the back (2 5/8" each) it doesnt look or feel too tall, and it has great clearance now. (Keep in mind the stock rear tires are 20" Maxxis.)

It is also extremely sturdy (weighs 440 lbs!) yet it does not seem like a huge machine when you are on it (which my wife likes). It also has a real nice digital display (with speedo, gas guage, odo and trip meter).

On the trail it has gobs of power, and it accelerates real well on pavement. (I went up to 40 mph and then chickened out since I don't really know the bike yet.)

All in all, we are very pleased, but of course the reliability issue will only unfold over time. However, the dealer who seems quite trustworthy (Switzer Motors) says he has only had one back, and that was for a minor speedo problem.

By the way, I would heartily recommend the 22" Mudlites for the Viper, along with wheel spacers - the bike rides great and gets unbelieveable traction in the mud. And there's lots of power for a kid and yet VERY stable, so my 9 year-old will be happy with it for years.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Thats good to hear..Switzer's is just up the road from me!

Old 05-25-2007, 08:58 AM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: oldyeller

Thats good to hear..Switzer's is just up the road from me!</end quote></div>

And, as I was picking up our Vector, they were just uncrating two more, so go have a look at them and tell them James referred you - they will be pleased to get the referral.

What I liked about them is that it is a small, family run business, and they have two guys who can work on the bikes a nice big shop, and one who's son I think races Etons.

Good luck, and let us know if you decide to get one. (They also have Vipers in stock, and apparently were the first dealer in the TO area to sell Etons.)