Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Hi Bird

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Bird

kczukiman, no I wasn't. Thanks for letting me know. I wondered why it was cheaper. I guess its not a big deal, something that would have been nice to have but won't really miss it that much. I should have read it more carefully. You know how it is when you stare at the screen too long. Real nice quad for the money though.

thanks for the info

Old 08-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

you got a great deal,but I think you will find you will be cursing youself wishing you had reverse after a couple of rides.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

Possibly, I'll for sure remember that if I decide to get another one. I'm use to my automatic riding mower with very weak reverse. I've learned to not get it into situations where strong reverse is needed. Ditto for my streetbike (no reverse). If my wife or kids get it stuck, its light enough to push out. Anyway, I'll watch for that if I think I'll get a second one. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

new quad head,
you and your family will really enjoy the new quad please keep us posted.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

Does any one know where you can get wheels for the Hi Bird 250, I think it's the same wheel on the 200. I would get aftermarket but the size to order is not obvious.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

Well our new quad arrived at our house on Thursday after ordering on Saturday with no damage. The truck driver was really helpful too. So far have just taken the top off the crate. I'll start on the assembly this week-end. I'm going to lock-tite as many bolts as I can as I assemble. Boy, those wheel studs are tiny.

tjsmicro, sounds like your asking about the bolt pattern. You'll probably have to measure yours and call around. See if Vbike or Anamcycles or the dealer you bought it from knows the bolt pattern.

New Hi-Bird 150 (still in crate)

Old 08-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

WOOHOO! New machine aniticpation!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

We'll I have it mostly assembled. Still have to add oil, install lights, and check tightness/lock-tite on most of the frame bolts. It's a pretty nice machine for $750. Damping in the front shocks must be optional though; feels like very light damping from friction only. Makes me wonder about those little resevoirs.

Well, so far so good. The build quality looks reasonably decent. I guess we'll see how it operates.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

I was thinking of ordering the biggest 250 from them but I can't get them to answer any of my e-mail's, I have been asking about there extra shipping charge to WA state. Did you have any problems with these pepole at all?

Old 08-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

No, we didn't have any problems with ordering from them. We ordered it on a Saturday and the model we ordered was delivered on Thursday. They didn't return my email either, but they had a high seller rating on ebay and we liked this particular model they had. I almost ordered from Vbike because they didn't email back, but I think they just respond better to calling them than email. They must not check it much. Several others on some of the other topics also said they had good experience them, so I decided to try them. Vbike has some nice 250's too and do respond better by email.

Good luck & God bless
Pete

Quick Reply: Hi Bird