Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Need cheap atvs for kids

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007 | 12:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need cheap atvs for kids

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jdomke1

Loctite is used on nuts and bolts that you want to stay one, ie... not ones you plan to take on/off frequently. Its not impossible to get them off once applied, it just makes it more difficult. This is why its so well liked for keep things tight under vibrations. Hope this helps...</end quote></div>

Yeah, but the rims ? The stinking rim came lose and I made sure those were good and tight. Will loctite hold those bolts on tight and will I be able to get them off when I need too ? Those are bolts you definately don't want coming off, but you know you will need to take that wheel off sometime in the future.

Old 08-18-2007 | 09:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Lock-tite comes in several varieties, the medium strength ones (240 blue and 290 green - the green is made to penetrate assembled fasteners) can be easily dis-assembled. About like taking off nuts with locking inserts.

Old 08-18-2007 | 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

get them jetmotos jetmotos are the best hunks of junk u can get .... and if u get it from raceway it has free shiping and 1 year warenty they are very nice people and can help u with any thing !!!! i dont think u will have to do that much work i do on mine cuz i jump it climb sand hills and basicly beat the crap out of it like im rideing a 400 ex but most likley the only things u will have to do are oil changes tighten the chain etc. that and there is a tun of people on this fgourm thatr can help u out..... but there is still nothing like a yamaha honda etc [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2007 | 01:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree with what some of the others have said, if you are good with a wrench and don't mind working on them from time to time then go for it. I bought a 150 for my 10 year old and it's been great! It's also been something we can work on together (which I see as a bonus).
BTW, I also have a Husky, Polaris, Honda and Yamaha that I have to work on from time to time too, but don't tell anyone here, most of the members on this board are convinced that only chineese bolts come loose!
Viva la loctite!
Good luck