Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

China 4x2 Quad

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default China 4x2 Quad

ive had decent luck with 2 kazuma and a redcat they are cheap but they work for young kids i cant complain for what i spent.

got kazuma falcon 250 probably like 5 miles on for sale cheap wife cant ride it had her spine fused. im in wisconsin...cheap

Old 11-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ghcoe

2007 Polaris Scrambler 500

DRY WEIGHT 571 lbs. (259.5 kg)

M.S.R.P. * $6,199.00

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/newvehicledetail/st=WI/VehicleCode=39320/Polaris/ATVs/Scrambler%20500newvehicles39320.htm
">http://www.powersportsnetwork....hicles39320.htm
</a>

I paid $1605.00 delivered.</end quote></div>

I am sure, but this one has TWICE the cc's, is 4WD, and it will probably run circles around you. Not trying to be a ***** here at all, and I hope you have good luck really. I just think that you are kind of experiencing some infatuation with a first quad. Let us know how it has held up when you get 300 miles, 500 miles and so on. Let us know how many shavings you found the next time you change your fluids. If something breaks, let us know how long it took to get your parts. Again, not flaming you at all, but they are cheap for a reason dude...
I also think that you are going to have a hard time riding in deep sand. Speed and power, and the sensation of speed and power are two entirely different things. I think you are experiencing the sensation rather than the true item. That thing will pull itself "fine" on hard pan and asphalt, but you get it in the mud or on a hill, or in sand and it will show it's true colors.
Again, I hope that I have to eat my words as I would hate to see anyone have a bad experience with a first purchase, but I doubt I will sadly.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

Not looking to win a race! Wonder what they did when a 250 cc was considered "BIG" and there was no 4X4? Around here there is rumor that they will be putting size restrictions on the trails because all the large cc quads are tearing up the trails. Nice!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

Theres a store in kansas that sells them for like $800 is the only reason I'd consider one it's Baldwin atv,racing or motors or something like that. You can get most parts from john at Raceway for them.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

Let us know how many shavings you found the next time you change your fluids.

They were just fine. As I said before, "preventive maintenance". I changed the fluids again at forty miles and no flake as posted before. No broke parts yet, so I guess that I am above average from what some post here.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default China 4x2 Quad

Glad to hear all is well, George. Only about 20 miles on mine, but so far so good. No shavings in mine at all and just changed engine and transmission oil again. Pulled plug and it was a nice even tan. Need to use this during the winter and manual says no. was wondering if I could put 10W-40 in instead of 15W. Any thoughts?
Denny

Old 11-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

I would'nt have a problem using it during the winter. Just let it warm up some to get the oil flowing.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default China 4x2 Quad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DennyRoark

Glad to hear all is well, George. Only about 20 miles on mine, but so far so good. No shavings in mine at all and just changed engine and transmission oil again. Pulled plug and it was a nice even tan. Need to use this during the winter and manual says no. was wondering if I could put 10W-40 in instead of 15W. Any thoughts?

Denny</end quote></div>

Your manual says not to use it during the winter?

Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default China 4x2 Quad

Raider, here is what I copied and pasted from the owners manual

WARNING
Never ride the ATV in cold weather, always make sure all control cables work smoothly before you begin ridding. Please read the engine brake-in section before you operate the engine at first time.........

That's why I was wondering if a lighter weight oil may be better for the cold winters here in Ohio. Don't plan on riding much below 20, or maybe play in the snow then [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Currently have Rotella T 15W-40 in it. Local Autozone has 10W-40 and 15W-50 wet clutch motorcycle oil.

Also would like to note that these Marshins look exactly like Jetmoto 250 utility. If I need some parts I'll try there first. Is it possible that they are identical?

Denny

Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

All I could find in the manual was "Never ride the ATV in cold weather". Does not explain why or give a temp range. I would believe that it would be in reference to the cable controls. They tend to get sticky or non functioning in cold weather. I know that AATVs have a heated throttle cable as a option for winter use.

Quick Reply: China 4x2 Quad