Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

China 4x2 Quad

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default China 4x2 Quad

Well, today went pretty well. Half the group did not show up because it was cold. 25 degrees was the high where we went. I was up against a 2007 750 Brute Force and a 2007 430 Honda. Both were 4X4 so needless to say they kicked my ***. Before we hit the snow it was not too bad. I was able to keep up with them at a comfortable speed, but in the snow it was all over going up hill. I have to admit though I knew that. I was surprised that I was able to make it to the trail end though. Now they were breaking trail for me and I never, that's right never got stuck. I did have the the ignition shut down on me for awhile. We took a break to see if it would restart and no. Took the plug out, no spark. Got the tow rope out, messed with the wire to the coil, start! Put the tow rope back, on we went! Later I turned the machine off and then tried to restart. No start!!?? Took the plug out, no spark, messed with wire. No start! Hit starter again noticed the kill switch toggled, what the. Start! Away we go. Both units I traveled with cost over $7000.00 a piece. I was pleased with my unit, but did wish it had 4 wheel drive. We traveled 14 miles. Most of that was in 6+ inches of snow and only one problem. I wonder if maybe the kill switch was toggled the first time?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

Well I have started to mount my winch to my quad. I will be tying the mount to the main frame of the quad. I will be making two mounts. One for the front and one for the rear so the winch can be moved to ether end. The mounts will be high enough to keep the winch out of mud and water. I will be posting pictures as I go.

This is the winch I purchased.

It is available at harbor freight right now for $69.99. It has a wireless remote and is rated at 3000lb.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer
Default China 4x2 Quad

George, glad to hear all is well. I have the kill switch problem a lot (fat fingers) and sometimes it won't go into first gear right. Mine took some abuse during the deer season, a few scratches, broke off turn signal on a limb and bent the back rack dragging a deer. Carb air flow is too lean now for the cold and will adjust next time I get it out. Got high centered on the foot board on a rotten stump, but managed to drive it out. So far so good, tho. Been looking for similar turn signals as both are broke off now, not having much luck. Keep having a blast, man!

Old 01-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

I am at 80 miles and still going strong. Been playing out in the snow with it. What a hoot! You do have to lean into the turns to avoid the tippy feeling. I did get two wheels off the ground a few times, but nothing scary. I did take the throttle unit apart and shot some WD 40 down the cable and lubed the throttle bolt with some spray white lithium grease , you can get that at any automotive store. Made a big difference! I am going to do it again after a few more miles. It does not look as though they are lubed at all from the factory. Also have some other mods planed once the weather warms up. I have my winch mounts nearly done. I will post pic when I get it finished. I am about ready to order a couple 110cc units for my kids.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/...ath/37/products_id/641

Old 01-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default China 4x2 Quad

If you are new to ATV's Chinese quads are great. Won't last ya too terribly long, and yes thet quality isn't the greatest. But you will still have fun while learning a bit about ATV's.
Then when you have it all used up, you will probably upgrade to a Jap quad.

Have as much fun with it as you can, you will enjoy it.

I have no regrets yet from buying chinese.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer
Default China 4x2 Quad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ghcoe

I am at 80 miles and still going strong. Been playing out in the snow with it. What a hoot! You do have to lean into the turns to avoid the tippy feeling. I did get two wheels off the ground a few times, but nothing scary. I did take the throttle unit apart and shot some WD 40 down the cable and lubed the throttle bolt with some spray white lithium grease , you can get that at any automotive store. Made a big difference! I am going to do it again after a few more miles. It does not look as though they are lubed at all from the factory. Also have some other mods planed once the weather warms up. I have my winch mounts nearly done. I will post pic when I get it finished. I am about ready to order a couple 110cc units for my kids.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/...ath/37/products_id/641</end quote></div>

I am a powersportsmax customer. I bought 2 110's for my kids not too long ago. I got the avt-p21 and the atv-p15.
The ATV-P15 is just awesome, and surprisingly fast for a little quad.
The ATV-P21 on the other hand has the loncin motor, and I am not really crazy about it. It was worth the money, and isn't built too terribly bad, but My carb is leaking on it already, and I am nervous as all hell to try and adjust the float, because I don't want to mess it up. Also, the P21 seems to have some sort of restrictor somewhere, preventing it from reving high. It is actually alot slower than the P15.

But, again, I am a newbie to atv's, and will learn to find ways to overcome these minor issues. That way, when I do end up upgrading, I will have a little experience under my belt.

and, Oh yeah....Powersports max has a couple nice big-quads. did ya look at the 300 and 400cc's that they carry? half the price of your friends quads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

I have been keeping my eye on this one. Won't be for another year or so though. Maybe something better by then.

http://www.atvdiscounter.com/A...TV-19/ProductInfo.aspx

Old 01-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

I dunno, it's 4WD, but then again, with Chinese ATV's you either get a good one or a bad one.... maybe your luck will hold up.

Baja seems like a reliable company, you can get their ATV's at Canadian Tire (here in Canada at least, in the US at Pepboys). I have one, haven't rode it yet, but from what I've read they are pretty good. The 400cc model has a Suzuki motor in it.

http://www.bajamotorsports.net/ATV/wd400u.htm

You'd pay more for the Baja than for the one you previously posted.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

I hear that the Kazuma is a good brand. This one comes with a 500cc engine, independent front and read suspension, Reverse, Neutral, Drive, Low, front and rear disc brakes.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

dUrTwErX dEsIgNs,
I took a look at those quads you bought. Looks like by the description that the P21 should be faster than the P15. 35+, compared to the 30+ of the P15. I would take a look at the CVT belt and see if it is operating properly.

Quick Reply: China 4x2 Quad