Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

110 Won't stay running!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007 | 07:56 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default 110 Won't stay running!

Hello, I have a Loncin 110 (Chinese). It was running just fine. I bought one of those racing cdi boxes from ebay, and tried it out for an hour and it ran even better. If I can remember correctly, the next time I started it, gas was leaking from the carb hoses. I figured there was dirt preventing the needle from closing, so I took off the carb and cleaned it. Now it starts fine, but won't stay running. I can usually start it with the choke and let it idle until it's warm, then take off choke. Now it won't stay idling with or without choke. I start it with the choke and a little gas, and slide the choke towards off and it dies. Before this problem, I tried to jump it with the charger connected backwards, I caught it right away when nothing happened (don't know if that would hurt anything. I don't think it is the cdi box, because it works the same with the old one. What am I missing?

Old 09-15-2007 | 08:09 PM
|
Trailblazer

I was thinking, when I say it starts fine, I mean I'm giving it gas to stay running. The vent tube is clear. To me, it has to be carb related, but I just cleaned it, so I don't know what needs to be adjusted. Any ideas?

Old 09-19-2007 | 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would start by checking to see if the carb butterfly is actually all the way open, the choke cable may have slipped or stretched out a bit, same happened on a lot of the Tomoto/Yomoto units I used to sell.
You may want to adjust your gas inlet and/or air inlet.
Good luck, let me know how you come out.

Old 09-19-2007 | 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

a new fuel filter may be all you need.

Old 09-23-2007 | 07:32 PM
|
Trailblazer

Hey guys, I got it running again. I ended up cleaning the carb two more times and it finally worked. On the last cleaning, I used a small paper clip and a small wire from a screen to stick in the holes. I was using water and air from a compressor, but that was'nt enough. Also, on the carb where the bowl meets up and bolts on, there is a bb on one side. And on the other side is a hole. I can't remember if there is supposed to be another bb on the other side. I just plugged the hole with sealant, I don't know if the bb fell off, or if it even needs to be plugged, but it's working like that. So anyway, I put on a better fuel filter, and I'm going to add a fuel shutoff valve which will make cleaning the carb a cleaner experience. By the way, I added a second battery in parallel to help power a spotlight in the front, and the cdi box I got off ebay works fine.