Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Chinese ATV's which one's to buy and assembly checklist

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese ATV's which one's to buy and assembly checklist

I'm new to the boards and ATV's. Some co-workers and I have been talking about getting some Chinese ATV's to play around on. No serious riding but just for fun. There are a lot of MFG's out there and most of the ATV's look the same. This isn't going to be my first experience with Chinese MFG'd products. Two years ago when PocketBikes were HOT I was a dealer in my area for them. I had the same problems with those. Carb problems, bolts coming loose, fairings breaking, exhaust breaking off, etc. To me this stuff was MINOR. SO, the question I have is which Chinese ATV's are the best and what would be the first thing you would do after purchasing a Chinese ATV? I have a good deal offered to us on TAO TAO bike TTA250C. (www.top-eshop.com) Plus this is local to us so we can go and pick them up.

For those with experience on the Chinese ATV's please give me some input.

As far as the checklist goes, I plan on doing the following before even thinking of riding this:

Locktite all nuts and bolts
cleaning the carb
going through the bike top to bottom for noticeable problems or concern.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

did ya check out the vbike atv http://www.vbike.us/

Old 10-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hemi26

did ya check out the vbike atv http://www.vbike.us/</end quote></div>

I did check out the 250cc Vbike. I like this also. The thing about this deal is since I can pick up the Tao Tao bike, the shipping cost that is built in to the price has been deducted from the price. I would be able to get each bike for around $900. The Vbike is $1279 and a lot further drive to go pick it up.

I have definitely given it some thought though. Thanks for the input.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hi bobsavenger,I have to agree with hemi26.I just purchased a vbike myself.I have to say for the money you get a lot more then most typical chines bikes.I got the 250-v4s. It is a bigger sizeed bike and has a jap carb on it.Pluse you can get to the carb without disassembling half the bike .It has both front and rear disk brakes as well.I had a hibird 250 wich I sold to get the vbike .
Good luck!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I keep doing more and more research on Chinese bikes. I talked to one of the guys at VBike and I found out something that is typical of the Chinese bikes. The VBike is made by the TAO TAO Group according to the guy I talked to. He does sell the TAO TAO bike that I was originally looking at. The VBIKE is just a different Model from TAO TAO. He restickers them with VBIKE. The reason I say this is typical because when I sold Pocket Bikes, this was the same scenario. Not too many Chinese Manufacturers but definitely a lot of Importers.

He did give me a sweet price quote on the VBIKE and it's only about $100 more than the TAO TAO. Probably worth it since it does have the Japanese carb on it and a few different parts. Also a 6 month warranty on the motor and tranny. Also, I'm in Missouri and he's in Oklahoma. It's about 8 hr drive to pick them up. I was originally going to buy the TAO TAO bike from a dealer in Kansas City which is only about 4 hrs away. Either way, so far I cannot beat the price that VBIKE USA gave me on either bike.

I was also informed by my old distributor (when I sold pocket bikes) that KaZuma's are good ATV's up to the 150cc ATV but the 250's are JUNK and that KaZuma company is a pain to work with, ignorant and unethical. (Don't know how he determined this but I dealt with this distributor for a few years so I won't be getting a KaZuma bike.)

If anyone one else has an opinion on which Chinese ATV is the better one, please let me know. I'm interested in all of them and the best bang for the buck. Who knows, I may end up selling them as a dealer like I did the pocket bikes.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider

try kidsquad.net got a big selection

Old 10-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Check out the JetMoto brand from Raceway atv. You wont find btter service.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I keep looking at these bikes over and over. The guy at VBIKE has offered the best deal so far. I looked at the JETMOTO's but for the price, hands down I'd have to give it to the guy at VBIKE. It's less than half the cost of a JETMOTO.

For those of you that have a VBIKE, has it looked exactly like the pics on the internet or different? If I get these bikes, it is going to be cheaper for me to pick them up. I just don't want to drive 8hours and get there and the bikes are not like what was pictured. I'm waiting on the guy at VBIKE to get me true photos from his warehouse.

It's just hard for me to cough up the money on something I can't see or touch. I just want to make sure.

Thanks again guys.

Oh yeah, if you all have a TAO TAO bike, please post up pics and let me know the same thing as mentioned above.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

bob,I don't know wich vbike you are buying but you can look in my gallery and see for yourself on the 250-vs. Its Identical to the add inwich I purchased.And by the way.Its better then the pictures to me.I have said in other threads that I was going to purchase a jetmoto 250 but after reading some horrer stories from diehard jetmoto owners it does not by no means justify the price difference.the vbike has front and rear dics brakes,jap carb that is real easy to get to,ngk spark plug,high pro exhaust.The vbike demensions are bigger as well.I have to say after having the 250 hibird the vbike is much faster more power.I don't know why maybe its the jap carb but there is a big difference between the two.Also the suspension on the vbike is night and day.Another thing I like is the vbike has grease zerks on the front end as well as the rear wich you dont find on many chinese made atv's.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

kczukiman, I had been following your journey but must had missed this new Vbike purchase. After looking at your new 250 I would have to say I do like the looks better then my 250 jetmoto. Finally another 250 that has front and rear discs. This was one of the main reasons I went with jet. The vbike sure looks great, how does it ride (compared to the hibird) I have ridden a Hibird look alike and was not impressed at all with the ride comapiered to my Jet 250. But looks as if the vbike has the same or similar shocks as the Jet. I am not sure what the rear shock mounted below the swing arm gives compared to the top mounted?
Just by what I can see and make out in the pics I think this Vbike is better over all then my jet 250 and the Hibirds and I think you have made a good choice (wish they were out when I was buying my Jets)
I did notice (perhaps you already did also) that your top (not sure what it's called) nut is lose and will cause you grief down the road if it's not tightened! See pic. One of mine had come lose also!

And I would love to see some video of it in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Chinese ATV's which one's to buy and assembly checklist