Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Need help with Eton Viper 90

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Eton Viper 90

Ive been fighting a problem with my sons viper 90 for a month or so now. Did a search looking for advice and tried about everything I could find.

Basically from one weekend to the next it went from running excellent to having the problem it does now. It will sit and idle forever, hop on it and take off and it runs great then all of the sudden it flat will not rev or pull the bike with or without a rider on it. I changed the belt but afterwards realized it isnt even reving while it is doing this. Sounds like it wants too but just wont.

Ive done the obvious, plug, filter, fresh fuel ect.
Ive also taken the carb apart 3-4 times cleaning, setting the float, looking for something wrong and nothing has changed. I replaced the fuel line and filter going to the carb.
Compression is excellent, dont have any doubts the engine itself is solid.

Need help fast! We have a trip planned for next weekend so I gotta get it fixed so he can come along!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Broke Reed?
Not enough current from the stator/coil?
You should ask Billy seeins your in a hurry.
WRHracing.com

I can see why your worried.. I'm sure the Eton is there to pull the polaris's back to camp. LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Sorry, I just had to. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Range Rover

pull the gas line off the carb. turn the gas on and make sure you have a good flow. also put it on reserve and see if the flow is better than in just the on position. the etons were bad about the petcock getting clogged up. know a few people that had small pieces of plastic clogging it up.

Mark

Old 11-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Check to see if the 2 wires coming off the ignition coil are loose. It is located under the front cover just in front of the steering column. Two plastic screws on top remove the cover. If the wires have ANY free play at all this can cause a problem. I crimped mine and pushed them back on. Since then, perfect. Your problem mirrored mine almost exactly. Hope this solves it.