Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Question about water cooled 250cc China ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about water cooled 250cc China ATV

Hello everyone,

I am very new to the sport, and I have finished putting my 250cc Chinese ATV together. I put loctite on all the bolts I could, and now its time to change the oil. Before I change the oil I was wondering about the water cooling system. Can someone give me instructions on how to correctly fill the radiator with fluid? The quad came with a bottle of Anti-freeze which I assume needs to me mixed with water, but I plan on buying better coolant/antifreeze which is pre-mixed. Do I just top off the radiator? Also, the white plastic bottle, is that an over-flow reservoir or do I have to fill that also? I want to make sure everything is done right before I start her up for the first time.

Thanks in advance.

[img][/img]

Old 12-24-2007, 12:27 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum starsky! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You should be able to just top off the radiator. It might take a while to fill if its empty. You will pour a little in until its "full" Then wait for the bubbles to stop, keep adding antifreeze, Repeat........ until no more will fit. I would start by filling the over flow bottle 1/2 way with antifreeze. What brand of Chinese quad did you buy?

Old 12-24-2007, 03:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

mywifesquad, thanks for the quick reply! I have been researching over this forum and I have noticed your posts as being some of the most informative I could find. As for the brand, I bought it from a dealer called t-motorsports, based in southern California. I picked it up from the warehouse, and the box also said T-Motorsports. The seat has a "TMS" logo on it which I assume is short for T-Motorsports. It looks like a variation of the 250cc Jetmoto sport, but without front disc brakes and other cool things jetmoto added. I would post a link to it but I'm not sure if it's allowed. Here is a link to my web gallery which has pictures of it:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://gallery.mac.com/salarellajr#100031&bgcolor=black
">http://gallery.mac.com/salarel...1&bgcolor=black
</a>

Thanks again for the reply, if you have any other tips I would greatly appreciate it, looks like I will finally be able to start her up tomorrow (Christmas Eve).

Old 12-24-2007, 10:44 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Your welcome starsky! Thanks for the compliment...Ive posted a time or 2 here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You can post a link to where you bought your quad as long as your not the owner. The ATVConnection doesnt have any problem with someone sharing dealed info, but frowns heavily on someone promoting "their" bisiness. As for more tips I would replace the fuel line and filter ASAP. Fuel lines and almost everything made out of rubber will deteriorate fairly quickly. The Chinese should have who ever makes their tires make ALL their rubber parts. Good deal getting it from a local dealer....please keep us all informed to how the quad performs and how good your dealer is when/if you need parts.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi guys i was wondering the same thing has this quad i just bought dont have anything in that little bottle should i drain the radiator and fill it along with the bottle or just fill the bottle