Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton 40cc carb leaking gas

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton 40cc carb leaking gas

My eton rascal 40 quad is leaking gas, will the rebuild kit fix it, it also starts but floods out quickly. is the kit easy to replace? I am semi mechanically inclined.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eton 40cc carb leaking gas

The float could be sticking , dirt/trash in fuel tank causing the inlet needle to let the fuel keep flowing after the bowl is full ; or the float height need's adjusting or the float could have a hole in it allowing fuel inside the float ; all of these thing's could cause the same result's !

So i would check these thing's out when you install the new rebuild kit , and it's not as hard to rebuild the carb as it is to remove thing''s to get to the carb is usally the hardest part ; and count the number of turn's clockwise it take's for a light seat on the main air/fuel mixture needle before you remove this mixture screw ( Careful not to over tighten this screw ) or you will damage the seat !

Just pay close attention to how you take it apart , so you'll know how to put it back together ; and if this quad was delivered to you still in the crate it had a gel pack inside the carb bowl to keep from damaging the float and inlet needle during shipping !

Some take the carb off and remove this gel pack before starting the engine , while some just fill them with gas and run them long enough for the gel pack to desolve before riding the quad ; in my opinion it's better to remove the gel pack first then put it back together before i would attempt a start up !

And one other thing i would drain the cheap oil that these quad's are shipped with from the crankcase , and put some good quality oil in it before running the engine as well ; then when i was through with this i would mix some Sea Foam to the gas especialy if you've already started the engine !

The Gel pack could be the only thing wrong with the quad , in any case after cleaning the carb i would treat the gas with Sea Foam , the Sea Foam will Clean the entire fuel system ; and it will clean Built up carbon deposit's inside the combustion chamber !

Sea Foam is by far the very best fuel additive i've ever used in over 20 yrs. in the Small Engine Service and Repair Industry , and believe me i've tried them all at least once ; i only regret that i didn't hear about it untill a couple of yrs. ago and i wouldn't use anything else now that i've seen how good it work's !

You can get Sea Foam at most Auto Parts Stores i got it at O'Reillys Auto Part's for $5.99 + tax a few month's ago , but it has gone up to $6.99 + tax when i bought a can a few day's ago ; just like gas price has gone up so has everything else !

I had to let my 1988 GMC S1500 Jimmy 4x4 MPV sit up for over a year with a full tank/21 gallon's of gas at $3.00 a gallon i put a full 16 oz. can of Sea Foam , and after sitting over a year while saving up for a timing chain and gear set and gasket's the gas was still good ; Sea Foam and Deep Creep are the same product only Deep Creep come's in a spray can !

Sea Foam is safe for 2 and 4 stroke engine's both gasoline and deisel fuel , and it's been around since 1942 !........

Old 08-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having this same issue.. but not really following what the answer is.. Can someone help? I notice that the Eton is dripping gas and is flooding easily.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Start with a good carb cleaning.