Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Vbike web site suspended

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 04:43 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Vbike web site suspended

That is pretty sad....cant have over about 4" of travel with that setup.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has only as much as the shaft lets it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Range Rover

The site is back up and running again. thanks for the welcome and I have been searching this site and the net in general on both machines. It is hard to compare machines from pictures that's for sure. The Jet's seem to have really good support and it seems Vbike owners are pretty happy to. I already own 2 polaris quads or is that polari? A 330 trailboss and a 200 Phoenix (the little womens ride). I bought both for unbelievably low$$. The credit crunch is really good if your in the market for used toys. The Phoenix is made in Taiwan and is made quite nicely. It runs great...rear brake could use some work. My fathers friend is a Kymco dealer and that sort of got me interested in the lesser know brands. Now Kymco's aren't cheap but are really well made. I started reading this forum and was facinated that you can actually buy a decent 250 sport quad for between $1200 (Vbike) and $1900 (Jetmoto). So as always.....the money and curiousity is burning a hole in my pocket. And you can never really have enough toys can you? I'm primarily a dirt bike guy but living in the northeast, quads give you a nice option for riding in the snow....my favorite thing to do with them! I'm old enough to remember when Japanese bikes where considered a joke and if you didn't ride a BSA/Triumph or Harley....you were't *****...LOL......I think the china bikes and quads have come along way in a few short years. Aren't the V-bikes basically Hy-birds? If you look at the Hy-bird web site....they even have a Honda listed so they must be in some sort of joint venture with them. I look forward to talking to all of you on this forum.....it makes for interesting reading.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, if you look at the Vbike rear shock real close, the shock itself has about four inches of travel. By the time you get out to the tires that four inches becomes more than double the travel. Kind of like the symbol >. A little travel near the pointed end eqates into quite a bit more at the open end.

Anyhow, I have been comparing the two ATVs, the jet and the Vbike, it apears to me that the Vbike and the Jet are the same ATVs, with the exception of the oil cooler and the rear swing arm. I even believe from the photos of both that they even have the same engines.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Hi sandman,No the vbike 4s is nothing like a hibird.I have owned both and sold my hibird and purchased a vbike.
For some reason this has become a thread to take a few digs at the vbike and thats ok. There are a lot of us new vbike owners that are extreamly happy with our purchases. And for the price difference I challange anyone to explane to me what makes the jetmoto 700.00 better then the vbike.The issue of the rear suspension was brought up and I know that there are members here that have had to weld new suport brackets on the rear swing arms because there jetmoto suspensions busted.
Bottom line all these bikes come from china and they have issuses compared to the big name brands .They have their place in the market and if you choose to purchase from who ever just make sure you purchase from a company that will support you and in my opinion both jetmoto and vbike seem to have that coverd.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

HOLD ON I'm not saying the Vbike is no good heck for that price you can't go wrong I don't think!!! Its still looks like a good deal @ $1300( or whatever it costs).

What I'm saying its don't say its the SAME ATV as the Jetmoto as well...its not look at the pictures.
The linkage system style the Jet uses is what you'd find on a Yamaha or Honda 250 sport etc. There is alot more parts and what not involvled. Jetmoto even uses the same sytem on there 07/08 150's like I have. That oil cooler too is a bit involved its not just a little fan like the V Bike has. They found with out in some conditions the engine would get too hot so they put on an oil cooler to prevent the engine from cooking on a hot day of hard riding. It has different tires and I believe its wider but don't quote me on the width thing.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Just a little clarification on my part. I didn't say that they where the same ATV. What I did say was "It apears to me........." Just my perception, no facts. I have no idea who manufactures the Vbike but they sure do have some major similarities to the Jet.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Unfortionatly when we are typing sometimes it hard to understand the intent.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:24 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Sandman2.0

thanks for the welcome

And you can never really have enough toys can you?

I'm primarily a dirt bike guy but living in the northeast, </end quote></div>

Your welcome

Not in my opinion.

Me too, what do you ride?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:30 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kczukiman

Hi sandman,No the vbike 4s is nothing like a hibird.I have owned both and sold my hibird and purchased a vbike.

For some reason this has become a thread to take a few digs at the vbike and thats ok.

And for the price difference I challange anyone to explane to me what makes the jetmoto 700.00 better then the vbike.

The issue of the rear suspension was brought up and I know that there are members here that have had to weld new suport brackets on the rear swing arms because there jetmoto suspensions busted.

</end quote></div>

I heard they were the same also.

Im not here to take digs at the v bike. But its certainly not a Jetmoto.

How much is knowing the brand will be around in a year worth? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That would be 2 of us total. One is a old guy who still thinks he is a expert level enduro rider. The other one was outoflines kid, no telling how hard he rides. The reason I broke mine is the quad was handling extremely well being hammered thru a bunch of whoops. I would be curious to see if the Vbike could go that fast in that kind of terrain.

Quick Reply: Vbike web site suspended