Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

chinese ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese ATV's

I poured thru the posts here about the Chinese ATV's very little real info on how to work on these just alot of whining about how not to buy one. Seems like a waste of time to me. If you buy an atv and don't research it then so be it. There were complaints about the dealer who sold the atv to them research needs to be done thru the BBB and you can determine if you should buy from them who knows the posts here could be from some polaris dealer who wants to kill the comp. I would like to see a message board that can help me with the ATV I bought from China like www.ctoa.net these guys know they bought something from china and really try and help each other out fixing things and finding parts that will work. The kazuma board is very helpful just a bunch of guys that pull together and come up with solutions for the problems. Banding together as owners will make them fix things, creating groups that work around issues with fixes creates respect from the people making these things and will bring them in line. I remember the first Honda car that hit the states in Santa Rosa CA the crap that guy got for selling Jap crap now look at Honda. Lets band together and come with solutions, come up with fixes, work arounds repairs and maybe we can make a difference.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:39 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default chinese ATV's

Welcome to the forum tmoore948! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You will have to weed thru the anti Chinese Hate Posts here to find help. There are a few of us who understand what we have and are having a great time on our Chinese quads. One of the problems is there IS a lot of JUNK coming from China and the Chinese Hate folks live for those stories. If you have a question feel free to ask.... Someone will help you out.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default chinese ATV's

thank you for your reply. I agree I would like to find a site that like the Kazuma Message board. When ever I have an issue those guys from support reply within 3 or 4 hours. The rest of the users add in their 2 cents also. I just bought a SunL SLA-265 from Atvdiscounter its in shipping. I would like to find an Oil Filter cross ref for this machine. the Kazuma guys came up with about 8 different filters for my Jag 500. I would like to change the oil and filter before my wife rides it.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default chinese ATV's

tmoore948 I was looking at the SLA-265 for my wife as well. She decided she did not want a manual though so now I am looking at the Hensim 150 Hunter Utility ATV-47. You will have to let me know what your thoughts are on that unit. If my son wants a manual it might work. Just wanted to let you know about this sight. http://www.chinariders.net/index.php. Their statement follows.

Chinariders.net began as a response to a lack of English language resources for owners and riders of Chinese motorcycles, ATV's, and scooters. In the west, many purchases of Chinese motorsport products (Lifan, Jetmoto, Redcat, Zongshen, etc...) occur through non-traditional dealers (e.g. E-Bay, etc...) where dealer support is not available/practical after the sale. In addition, many warranties provided with these bikes are typically parts-only. Most owners are then 'on their own' with respect to maintenance and tuning.

This is why chinariders.net was created, to be a resource, a friendly 'home away from home' for the China Bike rider.

Have fun and keep ridin'

Found a lot of good info on my unit there. I had to look in the enduro/dual sport section to find info on my motor. Good luck with your machines!

Old 03-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default chinese ATV's

thanks for the info. doug at atvdiscounter mentioned that site and I forgot about it. I looked at the 47 also and it did not have a winch or in Pink Camo. Its for the wife and she wanted pink camo. it should be here on Tuesday and I will let you know. My Jag 500 is a real work horse I plow a 1500' driveway and it is really nice with the 4x4 diff lock and for 3488.00 delivered is not bad. I am not a hard core ATV rider I just needed something to backup my Jinma tractor for plowing. I found the jag 500 to very sturdy and it has alot of power.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default chinese ATV's

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tmoore948

thanks for the info. doug at atvdiscounter mentioned that site and I forgot about it. I looked at the 47 also and it did not have a winch or in Pink Camo. Its for the wife and she wanted pink camo. it should be here on Tuesday and I will let you know. My Jag 500 is a real work horse I plow a 1500' driveway and it is really nice with the 4x4 diff lock and for 3488.00 delivered is not bad. I am not a hard core ATV rider I just needed something to backup my Jinma tractor for plowing. I found the jag 500 to very sturdy and it has alot of power.</end quote></div>

I hope to pick up something like that in a year or two. Would really like a 4x4 quad. Now the chinese are making a 700cc unit. Looks pretty nice and half the price of a Brute Force.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:28 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default chinese ATV's

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tmoore948

thank you for your reply. I agree I would like to find a site that like the Kazuma Message board. When ever I have an issue those guys from support reply within 3 or 4 hours. The rest of the users add in their 2 cents also. I just bought a SunL SLA-265 from Atvdiscounter its in shipping. I would like to find an Oil Filter cross ref for this machine. the Kazuma guys came up with about 8 different filters for my Jag 500. I would like to change the oil and filter before my wife rides it.</end quote></div>

Questions get answered here pretty quickly most of the time. Not sure what the big deal is about the other site. Also wonder why do you want another site like the Kazuma one if your getting all the help you need? Im now sort of thinking your trying to draw people to that site. Im going to think about it a little and might just toss this thread.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default chinese ATV's

sorry you missunderstood what I was trying to do. If you go to the site you will see they are just about the jaguar 500. I have one of those and I just bought a SunL sla-265 and I am not finding anything similar to them. I agree this site is answered really fast. If you wish to toss the thread I will understand.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default chinese ATV's

I got my SunL SLA-265 and from what I can tell by the engine and frame it is made by kandi motors in China as I looked at VBIKE's website he has the same atv the 250 V4D its the same machine. right down to the exhaust mine came with a winch. Lesson to be learned here is when these are relabeled in the US they are sold under any name. So if you can find out who made it. I had really good luck finding this out by searching the companies that make these things in china and finding similar details about them. Knowing who really made it you can then check the ratings of the company not the relabeled brand. SunL has a terrible rep for having cheap crap. In this case it is the same as what VBike is selling.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer
Default chinese ATV's

How would you say that jag500 work.is it a good strong machine . is it tough and will hold up ?

Quick Reply: chinese ATV's