Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazumas(am I just lucky?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazumas(am I just lucky?)

Okay, I have to agree with the other posts! Why take a chance on not wearing proper gear and having a youngster ride double with someone? If grown ups want to take that chance then so be it, but don't put a child in harms way by doing something like that! Thanks, I'll step down off my soap box now.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: itch

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: old fart

I obviously missed something with the first pictures, it appears that the young girl is merely posing for a picture with her quad, no indication that she is actually riding at the time the pic was taken.</end quote></div>

heres the original pics, it may make more sence now

Name:  mud4wheelers016.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  mud4wheelers023.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  74.7 KB</end quote></div>

you missed a coupleName:  mud4wheelers039.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  113.0 KB
Name:  mud4wheelers008.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  105.1 KB So much for keeping the thread on topic!

Old 03-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: old fart

Okay, I have to agree with the other posts! Why take a chance on not wearing proper gear and having a youngster ride double with someone? If grown ups want to take that chance then so be it, but don't put a child in harms way by doing something like that! Thanks, I'll step down off my soap box now.</end quote></div>
As I previously stated the guy in the red shirt with the little boy IS NOT me(someone riding with us) he was not flying around with him he was putt-ing around taking pictures(when I wasnt). My daughter ALWAYS has a helmet on when riding and full gear when trail riding. If we are easying around the yard or ina 20' mudhole(barely moving) then she still wears a HELMET.
BTW red car makes 680FWHP(515RWHP) and the white car makes 740FWHP(612rwhp)on a 150hp shot. Through a 9" and TH400 on both. Thanks.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mar Solo

My 2 Kazumas work just fine. My only real gripe is the factory carbs are not the greatest and I opted to replace them with Mikuni's and no more issues (yet).

Oh, and the factory tires suck, but for first time quads they are great for learning on without spending too much at first.

My next (upgrade) ones will be most likely Honda or Suzuki.</end quote></div>. my utility is kinda cold natured(so is my Honda!) it does bog little for the first minute or two,after that its fine.They are actually pretty peppy for their size,kinda suprising. I agree cheap is good!

Old 03-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

All that can be said is that it is hard to contradict a picture.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

Whos contradicting a picture?
See unlike alot of people(weekend suburban Harley riders) that "load the kiddies up" on the weekend and go to your local ATV park for a few hours of "wholesome family fun" once every two months, we actually ride almost everyday , in creeks,mud,trails,etc. I spend ALOT of time with my family and this is just one way we have fun together. I have over 100 acres with trails to ride on which we have been doing for years without incident. And if you think everybody puts "full gear" on to ride then your sadly mistaken. We normally have 30-40 riding when we go out of town and MAYBE half have helmets and half of them suits(I happen to suit up). Now I'm not condoning that but thats just how it is.
I asked about other peoples experience with Kazuma ATVs(that was the topic). If you have a problem with the way we ride then please keep your comments to yourself. I assure you my daughter rides safely and is geared up when we actually go RIDING(as am I and my wife) as evidenced by years of accident free DAILY riding. I know anything can happen at any time so please spare me the response and keep the thread on topic.
NOW, Does anyone else like their Kazuma?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

I think the picture thing has been beat to death here. Not defending anyone who puts their kids on a moving atv without gear, but if anyone would like to look at the gallery pages, I'm sure they'll find more pictures than they'd care to of the same thing.

So, if it's possible, let's get back to the original point of the thread.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

I am very fortunate that I can read all the new post and topics generated daily, and what I have notice that the amount of information in this forum is amazing! Sometimes I come across a topic (comment / question) that started the thread, but for some reason is replaced with another comment / question. When this happens this does not mean that the post is worthless and the comments (not relating to the original comment / question) "should be kept to yourself." This forum is about educating yourslelf as well as new members to the forum. If you had read any of my previous topics then you will understand why this discussion hits home for me. In short I was that guy in the picture. My son had a helmet on so my view was slightly obscured...In short I clothes lined my son around the neck which caused severe burns. This was 4 to 5 months ago and my son's Eton Viper 90R has yet to move. I spoke of safety to my son, but did not practice it when I was on the atv along with my son. I understand that you cannot make your friend practice safety, however your child is wearing a helmet, but your wife is not. Again not bashing, but all the comemnts from previous members are just constent reminders of safety...try not to take it too personal.

PS: Like your Pontiacs....love MY 73 FORD MUSTANG lol.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rjdad

I am very fortunate that I can read all the new post and topics generated daily, and what I have notice that the amount of information in this forum is amazing! Sometimes I come across a topic (comment / question) that started the thread, but for some reason is replaced with another comment / question. When this happens this does not mean that the post is worthless and the comments (not relating to the original comment / question) "should be kept to yourself." This forum is about educating yourslelf as well as new members to the forum. If you had read any of my previous topics then you will understand why this discussion hits home for me. In short I was that guy in the picture. My son had a helmet on so my view was slightly obscured...In short I clothes lined my son around the neck which caused severe burns. This was 4 to 5 months ago and my son's Eton Viper 90R has yet to move. I spoke of safety to my son, but did not practice it when I was on the atv along with my son. I understand that you cannot make your friend practice safety, however your child is wearing a helmet, but your wife is not. Again not bashing, but all the comemnts from previous members are just constent reminders of safety...try not to take it too personal.

PS: Like your Pontiacs....love MY 73 FORD MUSTANG lol.</end quote></div>
I agree on the importance of safety without a doubt, and I am glad that your son escaped injury. And we all need safety reminders so I dont take any good advise as a personal shot at all,just the "smart" comments! I welcome anything constructive!
Mustang guy huh! We are too at heart. Heres a pics of the wifes Drag Radial mustang(almost done!),gonna try and run some local drag radial races this year(TIME PERMITTING!)
Name:  SHEILA95009.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  133.9 KB
Name:  SHEILA95010.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  196.8 KB

Old 03-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you for your kind words...my son is doing better.
Thats too sweet of a pony car!!!! You seem to have married the perfect woman! Not only does she love what most would consider a male sport, but wants in on the action as well! Hold on to her because she is definitely a one in a million. You have to pm me with updates and drag times that pony is producing. I have to admit that you are out of my league when comparing our ponies, however I am right with you brother when it comes to the passion for horsepower and perfomance.
That old saying "there is no replacement for displacement" can only be understood when you have been strapped in and been given the opportunity to experience American Muscle.
Please keep me posted.

Quick Reply: Kazumas(am I just lucky?)