Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

eton 90 viper

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eton 90 viper

please someone anybody when i blow air in threw my gas tank air breather it seem to fire up easier and run better why ? i bought bike dirt cheap did not want turn on claen carb but new plug and air filter fireing up now much easier but shuts of after about 15 minutes but will fire back up after couple of hits but when i blow on tank breather fires up in a heart beat ? so what da @@$##!#@$!@K is going on please help

Old 04-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default eton 90 viper

It sounds like the vent in the cap might be plugged up..If the tank can't get air the fuel will stop flowing and the engine will quit like you describe.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default eton 90 viper

Thanks first off all for responding i took cap off seems fine i see some type of rubber will try and removing or cleaning it looks fine to me someone said it could be float i get excive gas sometimes coming out bottom of tube from carb or they told me maybe fuel selector might be clogged ? any ideas on that will clean up and repost

Old 04-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default eton 90 viper

Well gas coming out of the overflow would suggest a stuck float or needle in the carb...If the fuel selector was clogged up you wouldn't be getting any fuel...Perhaps you have small pieces of dirt or plastic or something in the tank which "could" cause all of these symptoms..I would pull the fuel line off and let the gas run it into a can and check out your gas flow..Check the inline filter for dirt and pull the float bowl off the carb and see if there is any in there.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default eton 90 viper

I actually had cleaned out carb a few days ago cause thats how i bought it. it had problems turning on thats why i got it dirt cheap. and i found dirt inside and cleaned it with carb cleaner played with float seemed fine dont know really know what i was looking for with this device cause its the kids first atv and bought it used didnt really know if they liked it but anyway i did notice it came out a bit hessitate at first when i removed the fuel line to exchange them cause they where a bit beat up it fires somewhat on 1st or 2nd hit but bogs up from time to time like it is starving for fuel will try to figure out how to remove tank and see whats cooking inside Thanks for the info will post back why couldnt you have been my neibor

Old 04-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default eton 90 viper

Yes thats a good idea..If there is junk in the tank obviously the carb could already be full of crap again...Let us know how you make out..

Old 04-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default eton 90 viper

The stating issue could be the choke, but since it cuts off after 15 min. it sounds more like a fuel delivery problem. You said you cleaned the carb and air filter.
Did you remove jets and blow through them and look to see if you could see through them. Some peoples idea of cleaning a carb is just shooting carb cleaner
into it. When you cleaned your filter did it seem like it was starting to come apart?
I've seen a few start to crumble when you rub them which can clog up a recently cleaned carb. You may also want to check compression just to rule it out.

Trending Topics

Old 04-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default eton 90 viper

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kpracer

The stating issue could be the choke, but since it cuts off after 15 min. it sounds more like a fuel delivery problem. You said you cleaned the carb and air filter.

Did you remove jets and blow through them and look to see if you could see through them. Some peoples idea of cleaning a carb is just shooting carb cleaner

into it. When you cleaned your filter did it seem like it was starting to come apart?

I've seen a few start to crumble when you rub them which can clog up a recently cleaned carb. You may also want to check compression just to rule it out.</end quote></div>
The viper has a manual choke...

Old 04-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default eton 90 viper

The first 2 year run of the viper had electric choke just like the thunder90 it replaced, then they switched to manual chokes on all atv's and mopeds around 2002. He did not state which year he had or if it was manual choke or not.