Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

110cc atv loses power

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc atv loses power

Ok...here's the latest update. I had the quad out this weekend. Ran it for an hour or so. Engine started right up and ran great the entire time. Here's what I noticed - it does well on flat ground - picks up speed and handles well. If I try to climb an incline at a faster speed, I'm okay (as long as the incline isn't too steep). So at a higher RPM I'm able to maintain power more reasonably - still not as much as I'd like, but I can get around okay.

So with the engine itself seeming to run so well, is there still a possible mechanical issue causing this or is the thing just gutless???

...and if its just gutless, are there any specific modifications I can make to increase power?

Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 110cc atv loses power

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cbolton1973

Ok...here's the latest update. I had the quad out this weekend. Ran it for an hour or so. Engine started right up and ran great the entire time. Here's what I noticed - it does well on flat ground - picks up speed and handles well. If I try to climb an incline at a faster speed, I'm okay (as long as the incline isn't too steep). So at a higher RPM I'm able to maintain power more reasonably - still not as much as I'd like, but I can get around okay.

So with the engine itself seeming to run so well, is there still a possible mechanical issue causing this or is the thing just gutless???

...and if its just gutless, are there any specific modifications I can make to increase power?</end quote></div>

It sounds like its geared too tall...a smaller front sprocket and or a larger rear sprocket should help....if you can find one..