Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 90 not starting

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Well, i have never posted on anything for help, but I am hoping that someone can help us. This summer we bought a 90cc ASUN quad for our daughter and ever since we bought it, we have had noting but problems with it. First problem being that no one has even heard of the brand, ASUN. When we do find a place that has heard of it they say that the parts have been discontinued but can't give us a cross reference to another part that we can use. It ran for the first maybe, 2 weeks, my husband shut it off after riding it with our daughter and went out to start it again after we ate supper and it hasn't started since. We have bought a spark plug and we have cleaned the carb, but still to no avail. It winds over and sounds like it wants to start, and it has compression. My daughter bugs us everyday "when are you going to get my quad running", but unfortunately we can't give her an answer, because not only can we not find parts but we can't find anyone to look at it and fix what is required, like they say,"how can we work on something we have no knowledge of?" Someone please help. Thanks.

Last edited by DougNChelsi; 01-09-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: forgot to put a minor detail in
Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the starter turn over? Is the kill switch in the right position? Does the quad try to start? What parts are you trying to find? There are a bunch of really good troubleshooters on here that will want to know these questions and more.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

DougNChelsi:

I'm not familiar with ASUN quads, though I have heard of them. They still seem to be active in Canada, though not in the US. I wonder if this has to do with EPA emission restrictions...

Can you post a picture of the engine? I wonder if it is not the same engine as many other generic Chinese quads. If so, you use the generic chinese parts available all over the place.

On the no start issue:

The standard practice is to check for spark, check compression, and check for fuel getting to the cylinder. Do you know how to do this?

Was your quad always hard to start when it was cold? Did it run fine and restart fine once it was warm?