LT80 that needs a lot of work.... - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Default LT80 that needs a lot of work....

Hi everyone,
I just picked up a 1992 (built in 1991) " LT80 for my 6 and 8 year old grandsons, it is going to need a lot of work.....
Last time it ran was about 4/5 years ago. The previous owner did a top end that consisted of a cylinder bore, oversize piston and new top end gaskets. Ran it one time and didn't realize the oil injection pump was not working. Said it ran great until it scored the cylinder...
"Lucky" for me his brother took it apart and lost the jug, piston, head and a I not sure what else at this point....
It was stored inside until this summer and found a spot outside. Some water found it's way into the lower end since the top end is missing. I tilted it over and drained out the water.
The connecting rod is still on the crank and doesn't look bad, it rotates easy and doesn't appear to have any issues on the lower half that I can see at this time.
I know I am going to need to split the cases to see what's inside and from what I have been reading the clutches will be a priority...

What shop manual should I purchase, I am thinking about going with a on line version???

Good places to purchase the missing items???? Found some knock off parts pretty cheap E-Bay???

I plan on getting it running well for spring and then maybe next winter we will make her look pretty....

Thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions!!!

Take care...