KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Response from ATK on parts & quads

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Response from ATK on parts & quads

Response from Frank White (ME) noted below.

Dear ATK/Frank
"A few Questions" please.
1 When will we be able to buy parts from ATK and/or will we be able to get them from this site?
I think you can now. This is shown on our website pop up. Call if you have troubles. This also has the Cdale Parts manuals, Prices, and order forms.

2 Any plan as to if or when ATK will build the quads?
Yes to If, and look for a response to When in the near future.

3 Body plastic. is Cycra going to keep making it, now that ATK is the owner or will we have to buy Fullbore in the future? Have you seen the pro-to of the 2004 quad? Is it possible to get that plastic?
Cycra does a great job. Not sure what "Fullbore is? I haven't seen 04 Quad.

4 If you plan to make new motors, have you thought about using the South-Bay update 450cc?
I have heard great things about South Bay and plan to go see them in the near future. No direct talk as of yet.

5 Where is the nearest ATK dealer to Raleigh NC. Will they be picking up Cdale parts and Quads?
Look on our website Dealer Locator under 2003 models link for current ATK Dealers.

6 Will you be sponsoring people to race next year like Jeff from the Quad Shop in the GNCC? p.s. he is a great rider and a great rep for the brand.
Racing made ATK what it is. We will start to think about next season in October. Don't know Jeff, however, it sounds like we need to. Have him e-mail us: Racing@atkusa.com

7 Will old Cdale dealers be given the chance to be ATk dealers?
Yes. I know there are some very good Cdale dealers out there. Yeterday we mailed all old Cdale dealers a letter regarding this.

Thanks for any info. Peace and good riding.

Buy American.
Drive American.
Be an American.

Thanks Frank White

Old 08-31-2003, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Great info Sand, Thanks for sharing it!!

Old 09-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Been away from the forms for awhile. Whats happened with Cannondale, Last I heard was that Cannondale had quit making quads and that they were going out of business. Did someone buy up the company? Clue me in.

Old 09-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

Yes someone did buy CAnnondale. The companys name is ATK. They make 800cc 2-Stroke dirtbikes. ATK will start producing quads in the near feture and already is suppling support and parts.....

Old 09-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

I am on vacation this week and think I'll swing by their place. It's 20 minutes away.. Need some snap rings for my R&S 5th gear anyway..

Old 09-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

Hey do any of you cannondale guys have any experience with nitrous oxide. I want to put a nitrous fogger on my cannibal there aren't any companies that make a kit for efi applications. Somebody mentioned to me about putting a custom map in to where I could hit a button that would automatically download my nitrous map and inject my nitrous at the same time, when the button was depressed the map would go back to the original one that I was running. I wanted to try to run nitrous without installing the GP Control fuel system. I have the original Sagem 500 from an MX440 so I don't have the capability of changing my mapping. If anyone out there has an idea for me or knows of a reliable way to install a fogger and not blow up my motor, I'm open to suggestions.

Old 09-01-2003, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

MPS Racing has NOS for FI. Checkout the link!

MPS Racing

Old 09-01-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

I would go talk to the local import(car) racers they have some real simple kits out.One I saw nozzle went into intake and it was activated by TPS sensor.