KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Was intrested in C'dale until i saw this frday night.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

440MOM,

Thanks for telling a true story. Sometime we get the boyfriends uncle brother knows somebody that once saw a friend brothers cousin do this and that happened. Glad to see he didn't get hurt, quads can be fixed easily with CASH, bodies can't.

Smitty

Old 08-29-2002, 01:40 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

airtimehocutt- As much as I hate indoor races I will be at the two in Starkville. I have some friends that go to State that want to come see me ride.

To everyone: I own a 250r and I have taken some nasty spills this year. About a week before Macon I cased a double and my quad and I went to flipping. It bent the sub-frame bad (bent me pretty good also). At the VA. National I went through a chain link fence pegged in 4th gear and hit a woman and a dog. It knocked me and the woman out and sent the dog whooping and hollering. I finally woke up to see my quad mangaled in the fence. The only thing wrong with it was a bolt came out of the clutch lever. The woman had to go to the hospital with multiple broken ribs. Nate Leverenz (on his Moto 440) went through the same fence with nothing happening to the quad. I also had a 400ex that took some really nasty crashes but it too also came away with no serious damage. My point to this story is when you crash on your quad something is going to break more than likely no matter if you are riding a Walsh 250r or a Warrior. If it doesnt, consider yourself lucky. Everyone just try to keep the rubber side down.

Old 08-29-2002, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

Capt. Carl - Here's some ammo for you... I blew out my rear shock in practice last night. This one might give you a headache though, because it might require a little thinking... Is it Cannondales fault or Ohlins?

Hehe, trick question. I didn't have any hard landings so I guess my rear shock was "on edge" from my quad doing a few flips through the air when I wrecked last week. I thought my quad was feeling kind of "funny" in the last few laps and I thought that maybe my tires were flat. I pull over and check, but no, they're fine. So I figured I would finish the last few laps and check it out afterwards. Well, I figured it out, and lets just say, you can use the back end of my quad as a trampoline. It's alllll spring.