Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Talk about giving atvs a bad name....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004 | 04:10 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Talk about giving atvs a bad name....

People giving Atvs a REALLY BAD name I was looking for more information about ditch permits etc. and i ran across this page dedicated to atvs and their owners.

And you people flame others for wanting a loud pipe...

Old 10-26-2004 | 06:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That's a lot of reading. I'll have to go back later.

There's a small dirt road that leads to a small lake. On the side of the road is a ditch where some water gathers. I guess it would be called a mud puddle. People would drive through the mud puddle and then back onto the dirt road. I drove out the dirt road a week ago and the mud puddle is fenced off. (wood fence) They put a sign up stating how the area is some kind of wildlife protected area or something. It's a darn puddle about 10' x 5'. People are nuts. They'll protect a little puddle and allow a forest to be clear cut for a mall. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004 | 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Remember we live in a country where wetlands do not have to be wet. They only have to have the capability of being wet under the right circumstances. Some environmental rules are getting out of hand. We need effective rules to protect our environment. But, we do not need to close off all lands from everyone -- as the extreme environmentalists advocate.

Old 10-28-2004 | 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Just a re-do of another site's article. Word for word, even. Not too original a news site.

Look up "This is what we are up against" thread on this board.

Old 10-28-2004 | 03:37 PM
|
Pro Rider

Well wether its an original news site or not doesnt matter to much, just the fact that all these people out there really giving bad veiws to people who dont ride ATV's but have the power to ruin the sport.

Old 11-01-2004 | 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Have to say that I agree

Old 11-16-2004 | 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

While these people are giving atv's a bad name, there is some truth in what they say. I am an active atv rider and also live on a farm. There are plenty of times when atv's, especially with younger kids on them cause trouble around the farm. They refuse to stay on trails. They ride right through crops that we depend on to make a living. I have also had incidents of atv's doing damage to fences and riding too fast and too close to buildings or people. While this represents a minority of atv riders, all it takes is a few to ruin for all of us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2004 | 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

After reading a few of the things that was on the linked website, I come to wonder if maybe these people who are beating landowners and stuff up are just people who want to go out and do this stuff on purpose...and just happen to be riding ATVs. I find it hard to believe that someone wanting to ride an ATV would go to such extremes as to beat the daylights out of someone just for saying "get off my property". Maybe there are some things left out of the stories, like the landowners threatened the people, I dont know. I just dont get these people.

Old 11-27-2004 | 11:28 PM
|
Pro Rider

Perhaps the stole the ATV and used it to inflict damage on land etc.

Old 11-28-2004 | 01:37 AM
Trailblazer

Who knows?!? Some people are just dumb and its always those people who get caught doing something stupid which in turn makes everyone else think that ATVers are the devil. I mean come on!