Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

why is the 2 stroke pollution so bad

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts
Default why is the 2 stroke pollution so bad

Already happened in our family.

Ya gotta admit, the which one is faster thread coincides just a tad more with the site in general.

I'm sure somehow, Honda will be credited with the cure here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I am use to throwing ideas like this around with doctors and medical students, so I never imagined that the level of ignorance was so great out there! Just shows how far behind American education is in the sciences!

There is a very plausable connection here folks. There are numerous examples of occupational/environmental factors causing cancer, so don't act like a bunch of stupid redneck hillbillies and think this isn't possible. These ladies both grew up from childhood riding 2-strokes, so their exposure may have been crucial at some point during their breast development (pre-puberty??).

A classic example is that chimney sweeps in England all came down with testicular cancer. It was found that the soot which is full of all kinds of toxic chemicals, stuck to the skin of their *****, and that was the cause.

Hell, everybody knows about cigarettes smoking causeing cancer. Even you guys should be able to figure this one out.......

Old 10-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Ok, it's plausable.

So instead of banning 2 strokes, we can ban women on, or following 2 strokes.

Will the medical community accept that as a solution?

Old 10-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

I guess I am use to throwing ideas like this around with doctors and medical students, .....</end quote></div>

Don't you just love his backhanded, my chit don't stink, comments like this? Honda and Southern California are usual his main things throw around, at least this is new.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

What cracks me up, is that "some" ignorant fools come with these wild ideas, and if we listen to all of them, well pretty much we can't have anything or do anything, because these morons claim EVERYTHING gives you cancer! Whaaaaah, you're not going to cheat death, we're all going to die, try and live somewhat healthy and play the cards your dealt!

Guys, I just heard that wrapping yourself in pillows can give men prostate cancer. CHIT, we can't even do that now![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: motox26

Guys, I just heard that wrapping yourself in pillows can give men prostate cancer. CHIT, we can't even do that now![img][/img]</end quote></div>

Uh, that's biting pillows Moto.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Using facts from the American Cancer Society, and estimated 210,820 NEW cases of female breast cancer will be diagnosed this year. This doesn't include existing cases.

I'm sure the pharmaceutical companies are gonna be crawling over each other to invest in a study where they have 2 people that MAY have gotten cancer from an exhaust of a vehicle operated in a well ventilated area.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

I guess you can doubt this source for the numbers.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think it was the emmissions that made them start getting rid of two strokes. look at some outboard boat motors they are 2 stroke. i read somewhere that BRPs 2 stroke motors were more epa compliant than their 4 stroke motors. something to think about.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:11 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I guess I am use to throwing ideas like this around with doctors and medical students, so I never imagined that the level of ignorance was so great out there! Just shows how far behind American education is in the sciences!

There is a very plausable connection here folks. </end quote></div>

Sorry we cant converse on the same level as you and your highly educated buddies reconranger. I barely made it out of HS.

I do wonder what percentage of women with breast cancer have been exposed to 2 stroke smoke? If we just use the 2 you know of its gonna be pretty small.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:15 PM
TPR
The Champ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be your wife, your mother, your sister, your daughter.....

Some of you obviously don't seem to be able to handle anything more complicated than a "which one will go faster" kind of post...and that's OK, I was 12 years old once too!</end quote></div>

Ahhh yes my friend, and then there is The Phantom.....the most supreme organisim ever to type words of such eloquence in these vast forums. The only one which no one can outsmart, out speak or outlast here in the ATV connections...

Now, is there a correlation that could corroberate and substantiate the statement that 2 stroke emissions could be a cause of breast cancer??? Very likely as we have seen that there are new causes found every day and every other day a current cause is debunked. Reconranger may be right, but I think dangerous ground is being walked upon when somoene in our grand sport decides to publicize and specify our great sport as being a cancer causing element. We have enough obsticles to overcome that adding fuel to the fire is not the most intelligent thing one could do.

The Phantom....doesn't do this nearly enough anymore....Rider

Quick Reply: why is the 2 stroke pollution so bad