Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

We Are Our Own Worst Enemies

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldsmoboat
Went riding on Memorial weekend. There were idiots camped in the roads, blocking them.
Went back this weekend to ride the same area and there was trash every where. Fire rings in the road with blackened ash and wood.
Clearly marked out of bounds areas had fresh tire tracks thru creeks and meadows.
I am going to check with the ranger and see if getting tag numbers and taking pictures of the offenders can result in arrest or at least a ticket.
I am tired of morons trampling on my rights and causing the closure of areas I ride.

If I ever see that chit I'm making use of my cell phone. Tards like this need to be caught red handed by LE or we all pay the price.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

Wouldnt hurt to pick up a cheap camcorder to keep on the atv, if u see garbage tossing garbage or intentionally dissreguarding out of bound areas, you can get the garbage on camera and turn the footage over to the authorities....so they can take out the trash. Cell phone cams work ok, but a camcorder will allow u to zoom closer to get tag #, or registration stickers without you having to get too close to the offenders. Just my $.02

Old 06-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by reconranger
Unfortunately, for some reason alcohol goes along with camping. And after they get all liquored up, they go ride everywhere like a bunch of idiots.

I am use to drunk idiots at Glamis, but on my last trip to Oregon dunes it was no better. .
If you are into riding new dune areas in Oregon, you might check out Christmas Valley in central Oregon. It is only 2 1/2 hours away for me. It is just over 10,000 acres of sand dunes in the middle of no where with a forest of pine trees called the lost forest bordering it. The camping is free (dispersed campsites) and there is very seldom anyone there. A bunch of us were there the last few days and only saw one other trailer! It was great! No drunks, no noise (except us!), no cops!

I agree with self policing. I seldom ride the oregon coast dunes because of the craziness that goes on there. Don't get me wrong, I like to party like a rockstar, but I don't get on my ride after having too many like many others do. Then there are the idiots that just don't pay attention, they may be sober, but being stupid is just as bad as being drunk!

Remember, if you leave your campsite cleaner than you found it so no one can tell you were there, they won't have a reason to shut the place down!