OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Where's Al Sharpton?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:16 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Where's Al Sharpton?

Where's Al Sharpton and where is Jessie Jackson????

So Arizona passed it's own immigration law. I would think these two "gentlemen" would be at the top step of the Capital complaining. Why you ask? Ok, you want to talk about illegal immigration? How about being taken from your home country and being brought here to work. For free. No one set up special schools to teach you English, it took almost 200 years for you to even get any kind of civil rights reform, people were hanging, beating and berating you, and now you get this. People who snuck, that's right snuck on their own accord, not drug away from family and their country want the same rights you have. And they want it now. No years of anguish, no years of protest. Now.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It is amazing that they aren't piping up on this issue.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Al Sharpton has piped up.
He says they need to organize marches to defeat the Arizona legislation, calling it a racist law.
He is so ignorant about this law.
And Obama lied when he said you could take your family to get ice cream and get hassled "to see your papers" It is written right into the law that in order for a police officer to ask your legal status you FIRST HAVE TO HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE AUTHORITIES OVER OTHER ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES
So, either Obama outright lied or he is also so ignorant about this law he doesn't know what it says.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Maybe he should have got the real birth certificate.

Attached Thumbnails Where's Al Sharpton?-color-ariz-profiling-web1.jpg  
Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Gotta love some of the protests about this.

People are boycotting Arizona brands of iced tea.

You know, the tea that's made in Brooklyn, NY.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Where's Al Sharpton and where is Jessie Jackson????

So Arizona passed it's own immigration law. I would think these two "gentlemen" would be at the top step of the Capital complaining. Why you ask? Ok, you want to talk about illegal immigration? How about being taken from your home country and being brought here to work. For free. No one set up special schools to teach you English, it took almost 200 years for you to even get any kind of civil rights reform, people were hanging, beating and berating you, and now you get this. People who snuck, that's right snuck on their own accord, not drug away from family and their country want the same rights you have. And they want it now. No years of anguish, no years of protest. Now.
Hear what you're saying from a black perspective, but the country is based on immigration. You think this is something new? Times change and you can't equate 200 years ago with 2010 Mexican immigration issues. It's a bit more complex than that.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Originally Posted by FunRide
Hear what you're saying from a black perspective, but the country is based on immigration. You think this is something new? Times change and you can't equate 200 years ago with 2010 Mexican immigration issues. It's a bit more complex than that.
The problem is our country WAS based on LEGAL immigration.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I was thinking about the fact my father's side came from Norway, my mother's from France via Canada, and Germany. All legal except for an American Indian woman my great grandfather married. She was a naturalized citizen. I was explaining to my son that a lot of time immigrants do jobs we citizens don't want to do. I remember that at Yellowstone National Park in 2004 the people in the restaurants and hotels were by a large percentage Ukrainian. They were there for the season to earn money for school back in their countries. I like legal immigration, just not illegal.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

There's a reason I have a doorbell and lock on my door. If you're not registered to my address, knock. If it's locked, that means I don't want you in here.

We don't need a fence on the border. Just a big freakin door and doorbell.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
We don't need a fence on the border. Just a big freakin door and doorbell.

And land mines, lots and lots of land mines.

Quick Reply: Where's Al Sharpton?