OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

I'd like to Salute the State of Arizona.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUOTE: The cost of harboring illegal immigrants in the United States is a staggering $113 billion a year -- an average of $1,117 for every native-headed household in America -- according to a study conducted by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).

Old 07-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Fun....

Old 07-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
QUOTE: The cost of harboring illegal immigrants in the United States is a staggering $113 billion a year -- an average of $1,117 for every native-headed household in America -- according to a study conducted by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).

"The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is a non-profit tax exempt educational organization in the United States that advocates changes in U.S. immigration policy.....It was founded on January 2, 1979 by John Tanton who is known as the founder of many anti-immigration and environmentalist groups. He hates the environment and wants to pave everything.....He's "anti-environment". I made that part up

FAIR is commonly viewed by many as an extremist hate group.

"As early as 1969, Tanton showed a sharp interest in eugenics, the "science" of breeding a better human race that was utterly discredited by the *****, trying to find out if Michigan had laws allowing forced sterilization."

"Tanton has for decades been at the heart of the white nationalist scene. He has corresponded with Holocaust deniers, former Klan lawyers and the leading white nationalist thinkers of the era. He introduced key FAIR leaders to the president of the Pioneer Fund, a white supremacist group set up to encourage "race betterment," at a 1997 meeting at a private club."

I've got no problem with rational immigration laws reducing and restricting who enters this country and when, but not this kind of stuff, from this kind of "better human race" dude. Scary.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Obama is suing Arizona for enforcing a law that is on the federal books. I would say, "If AZ wants to enforce the law and pay for the costs of that enforcement, go for it." Instead we're going to be paying for all the lawyers to fight over something that should have been being enforced stringently by the feds in the first place.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Obama is suing Arizona for enforcing a law that is on the federal books. I would say, "If AZ wants to enforce the law and pay for the costs of that enforcement, go for it." Instead we're going to be paying for all the lawyers to fight over something that should have been being enforced stringently by the feds in the first place.
Certainly could be a costly decision come Nov. No President wants states trying to take over Federal responsibilities. However, the big problem for Obama now is what is he going to do about the situation? Likely the Feds will win any case, but what next from them? May work out best for Arizona in the end....Check mate situation for the Gov.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Well, since the Rio Grande river is flooding, it has cut down on illegal border crossings here in Texas.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FunRide
"The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is a non-profit tax exempt educational organization in the United States that advocates changes in U.S. immigration policy.....It was founded on January 2, 1979 by John Tanton who is known as the founder of many anti-immigration and environmentalist groups. He hates the environment and wants to pave everything.....He's "anti-environment". I made that part up

FAIR is commonly viewed by many as an extremist hate group.

"As early as 1969, Tanton showed a sharp interest in eugenics, the "science" of breeding a better human race that was utterly discredited by the *****, trying to find out if Michigan had laws allowing forced sterilization."

"Tanton has for decades been at the heart of the white nationalist scene. He has corresponded with Holocaust deniers, former Klan lawyers and the leading white nationalist thinkers of the era. He introduced key FAIR leaders to the president of the Pioneer Fund, a white supremacist group set up to encourage "race betterment," at a 1997 meeting at a private club."

I've got no problem with rational immigration laws reducing and restricting who enters this country and when, but not this kind of stuff, from this kind of "better human race" dude. Scary.

None of those quotes mean anything - these same people also call the Republican party an "extremist hate group".

Old 07-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I did find it interesting that in the same week the Obama administration announced it would take AZ to court they dropped the voter intimidation case against the Black Panthers even though they were caught on video tape, with bats and weapons shouting threats at any white voters coming to the pols. Even liberal groups that witnessed this said it was the most egregious case of voter intimidation they had ever seen. Imagine if it had been whites with clubs intimidating blacks.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Pro Rider

There is an interesting legal battle coming up. Not only have the feds not read the AZ law, they may not have read the Constitution either.

Article 10 does provide for states to take action if threatened with 'invasion', if the threat is immediate and time does not permit waiting.

It also requires (yes, requires!) the federal government to protect our borders, and proivdes for the use of the military if the situation so requires.

Now, the argument may be that illegals and drug dealers coming across the border does not constitute an invasion, but the last time that article was invoked was... 1915. It was used by Woodrow Wilson to send Gen. Pershing after Pancho Villa, a Mexican bandit who was killing US citizens, a lot like what the druggies are doing now.

One thing about legal precedents, they are considered law until they are challenged, and the burden of proof falls on those challenging the precedent.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Don't know about anyone else, but I think 10 million+ illegal aliens qualifies as an INVASION.
Would 10,000 Chinese landing on the beach be an invasion, or just "undocumented immigrants looking for a better life"?

Quick Reply: I'd like to Salute the State of Arizona.