OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

I'd like to Salute the State of Arizona.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FunRide
Nobody is taking our arms away. Where is this coming from...what is the basis of hoarding arms and ammunition?

As bad a they were pre-Revolutionary War.....We were fighting for independence from the King of England due to lack of representaion, to create a nation, not break one apart because the Right temporarily lost an election...As if they've got some god-given power to govern, and I'm sure many actually believe this to be true.
There are places in the US where a private citizen wanting to arm him/herself for personal protection, hunting, or just because they like to collect them, cannot. That's why there are court cases all across the country in places like Chicago, Washington D.C., New York, etc. People are being denied firearms. When I lived in Boston for the first 5 years we were married I went to get a pistol permit. They basically laughed at me and told me to get lost. This, in the birthplace of the American Revolution. When Clinton was in office certain firearms were banned from further production simply because of how they looked. Although a Ruger Mini-14 is mechanically almost identical to a Colt AR-15, the Colt AR-15 was banned. It "looked" like a semi-automatic "assault weapon". Bush allowed the ban to expire. So, when someone is elected to President of the US who, talks like a liberal, votes like a liberal, and has a cabinet filled with people of the same ilk, gunowners get concerned. So, if people want to stock up, I say all the more power to them. We HAVE that right. Gun ownership in this country should be as natural as speaking our minds.

As to representation. The majority of Americans was against the Obama Health Care bill as it was passed. A strong majority that I saw where every poll showed 60-75% of the people against it. They passed it anyway. We'll see what happens in the fall. I'm used to the politcians from Massachusetts not listening to my points of view when I call, write, or email. We'll see how the rest of the country feels about it.

Back to the topic at hand. I just want to know that the government is doing there best to carry out their most important job as mandated by the same Constitution that gives us our rights. Keep us secure.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by PBLsQuad450
Good points Moose and FR. Moose, I was not challenging this interpretation of the 2nd Ammendment. I agree completely. Even with how you have it stated. The author(s) knew we were SOL without the militias so they enshrined their existince (or possibility) into law for ever in the ultimate policy doctrine. Wouldn't you, given the times and circumstances?

I used to beilieve there was some logic to the end of your 1st paragraph, and this is nothing personal at all, just a fact... Even with unlimited automatic weapons this scenario is long gone. Air power and armor, but airpower and satellite technology? Gone. It is why our enemies (who have zillions of guns and limitles ammo) use suicide bombers. Explosive and WMD technology have just escalated so quickly, that argument (TO ME) is irrelevant (and I have no intention of giving up my right to bear arms, just a technical issue).
I've honestly lost track of where we are or what my first paragraph was.... I'm getting old??? If it is the idea that we would be unable to fight off our own government I agree we'd be outgunned. Do I ever see it happening? I don't know. I'm no prophet. If it is the idea that armed citizens can fight off threats it happens every day in this country. Armed citizens have come to the aid of family, neighbors, and even law enforcement in many cases. Even in self defense the last number I remember was a staggering 1.5 million instances, but I can't remember the year. Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens is a good thing. Switzerland will probably never be overrun because of this. It also has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. If a criminal breaks into a house with a man above 18??? (not sure on age) there is an automatic weapon somewhere on the premises. Mandatory military training and take home your gun when you go. Contrast this with a place like Washington D.C. where people are told you can't have a firearm. One of the highest crime rates in the US. Just random thoughts.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The situation described in the above post would be a terrible thing to happen to our nation. That being said, the military, being comprised of our sons and daughters, I don't believe, would go to the point of using air power etc. to push down a revolt that was deemed necessary to the majority of the good people in our country. The people would still prevail. JMO

Old 06-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rancher55
This last week there was a "sweep" through central Washington to round up criminals and 32 of them were rounded up (drug violators, rapists, murderers and illegal immigrants etc....) The public is calling for them to do it again!! Good job!!!
Ranch, I heard on the radio that something like 60% of the illegal alien criminals they arrest (convicted) later return to the place they were deported from, sometimes four or five times. In this case it was Washington. I'm talking about Mexican criminals not "illegal immigrants". Big difference between illegal immigrants (migrant workers) and illegal rapists, murderers and drug dealers. Who's going to pick Washington's apples and grapes.....careful what you wish for. Can you just see lazy fat American Suzi do-nothing out picking apples for a job? They've got to figure out a way to keep the true criminal at bay for real. I have a feeling you the citizens of Washington are going to have to pay to keep them in some kind of jail instead of deportation, where they'll be right back on your door committing crimes.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by rancher55
The situation described in the above post would be a terrible thing to happen to our nation. That being said, the military, being comprised of our sons and daughters, I don't believe, would go to the point of using air power etc. to push down a revolt that was deemed necessary to the majority of the good people in our country. The people would still prevail. JMO
That was a thought that entered my mind also.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FunRide
Ranch, I heard on the radio that something like 60% of the illegal alien criminals they arrest (convicted) later return to the place they were deported from, sometimes four or five times. In this case it was Washington. I'm talking about Mexican criminals not "illegal immigrants". Big difference between illegal immigrants (migrant workers) and illegal rapists, murderers and drug dealers. Who's going to pick Washington's apples and grapes.....careful what you wish for. Can you just see lazy fat American Suzi do-nothing out picking apples for a job? They've got to figure out a way to keep the true criminal at bay for real. I have a feeling you the citizens of Washington are going to have to pay to keep them in some kind of jail instead of deportation, where they'll be right back on your door committing crimes.

Its true many illegals get deported over and over again, some dozens of times....

As far as finding people to pick apples, strawberries, etc - there are people already here that will do the work, but not at the wage that illegals get paid. Rather, there are only jobs Americans (or enough Americans) won’t do for a certain amount of money. Raise the amount you’re willing to pay, and more people will be willing to take that wage to do the job. There are some that claim this would raise the cost of production, but with an estimated 20,000,000 (Lou Dobbs, March 2005) fewer months to feed the demand would also decrease. Our drug problem would also see a huge difference with better border control.

In parts of the country where there isn’t a large population of illegals (if any at all) lawns still get mowed, cars still get washed, and restaurants still get you your food.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
there are people already here that will do the work, but not at the wage that illegals get paid.
That's certainly true. We as a nation just have to be prepared to pay more for food, roofing, landscaping. Not sure what all the business owners that have come to rely on the labor are going to do. I don't know if they can replace all those people though.....there's 100s of thousands of them....

There's been a lot of talk of Lou Dobbs and his two daughters (both Harvard grads) who ride horses in high-end horse shows which are nearly entirely supported by illegal immigrants (horse management, riding park setup/breakdown, transportation, feeding, washing, watering, etc.). I used to go to a horse show in Manchester, Vermont (the same circuit they ride in) and couldn't believe how many Mexican workers there were. They pretty much run the whole show aside from riding the horses.

Last edited by FunRide; 06-13-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: added Harvard grads and circuit addition
Old 07-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Range Rover
Old 07-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Maybe if welfare checks started showing up in strawberry patches, hanging from apple trees and a few other areas, the interest in the jobs by some people here legally might go up.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

You know why Mexico doesnt have an olympic team??

All thier best runners jumpers and swimmers are already here!!

This may be way out of context cause I havent read everything in this post cause it's too long.. but the fact that people can come here illegally chill out crap out kids and collect checks is the most disgusting thing in the world. This country is swirling the bowl we need to take care of the people that live here legally.. I think they should just pay us for mexican scalps then we could make some cash and keep the border secure... Uhhgg maybe thats a little harsh..but I'm sick of watching the news seeing all the bad stuff around us and the numbers they spew out about illegals.. I was in a walgreens in florida and the manager on duty didnt speak ENGLISH WTF!!!! thats scary PEACE OUT!!!!

Quick Reply: I'd like to Salute the State of Arizona.