Rude neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
People need atv's for hunting (food source), landscaping, farming, yard work, a local boat sales place uses one to move boats around, disabled people use atv's to get around, police use them all around the country, lifeguards use them, and the list could go on.........

C'mon coyote!..........you aren't actually going to try and confuse the loud pipe issue with some disabled guy running a "stocker"; are you? How could you ever believe that anybody would ever buy into that comparison?

".... As far as a chain saw or splitter goes, they are not a necessity for millions of people. I use heating oil...."

Good for you..........than what "are" these two pieces of machinery generally used for?........are you going to try and use the same method above and try to convince us all that people go out and process wood for the "fun of it"?

"....There is no reason they could not improve a chain saw so it doesn't make so much noise...."

Have you heard about the latest 2-stroke engine regulations and just how far they extend to?

"....Either limit everything or nothing....."
What a great statement to pass down to our young people on just how "simple" our society actually is.

Living by this motto, they can either be a die-hard liberal who wants the government in control of everything............or a bunkered down militia person who's just waiting for the "final showdown" with the government.

Gosh, it can't be any more complicated than "that".............can it.(?)

Old 08-13-2003, 09:54 AM
Range Rover
Default Rude neighbors?

Blackballed.....got any advice on the ozone? What are your views on religion....anymore on politics? I am not quit sure we all got your opinion on all world affairs. Maybe we should give you your own forum. We all hear you...maybe people would respect your word more if you weren't so self righteous. So get off your high horse..have some fun and join us in the mud!

Piece of advice...if you are trying to preach the "right thing" to the young...don't be so long winded...they stop listening after the first few seconds.

Ride on!

Old 08-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: blackballed
I've just added wood splitters and chain saws to my list of things that need mufflers. Darn neighbors!
Coyote,

Do you split wood and run your chain saw to enhance your survival on this planet and/or make a living.........and how does that compare with putting a loud pipe on your atv to go out and "recreate"?

Sounds like one is a necessary evil........while the other is making an evil "necessary" by somebody's selfish and inconsiderate behavior. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Weren't you making a comparison between chain saws as being "necessary" a necessity and atv not being "necessary" first? Lets not forget why people put loud mufflers on in the first place. More power! People don't just change mufflers on sport quads, they change them on utilities too. It's not just to annoy people like you. It's funny how you do like to pick apart peoples messages to make your own message and completely avoid the true meaning of a statement.

Old 08-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Originally posted by: blackballed
People need atv's for hunting (food source), landscaping, farming, yard work, a local boat sales place uses one to move boats around, disabled people use atv's to get around, police use them all around the country, lifeguards use them, and the list could go on.........

<STRONG>C'mon coyote!..........you aren't actually going to try and confuse the loud pipe issue with some disabled guy running a "stocker"; are you? How could you ever believe that anybody would ever buy into that comparison?
</STRONG>
".... As far as a chain saw or splitter goes, they are not a necessity for millions of people. I use heating oil...."

<STRONG>Good for you..........than what "are" these two pieces of machinery generally used for?........are you going to try and use the same method above and try to convince us all that people go out and process wood for the "fun of it"?
</STRONG>
"....There is no reason they could not improve a chain saw so it doesn't make so much noise...."

<STRONG>Have you heard about the latest 2-stroke engine regulations and just how far they extend to?

</STRONG>"....Either limit everything or nothing....."
<STRONG>What a great statement to pass down to our young people on just how "simple" our society actually is.

Living by this motto, they can either be a die-hard liberal who wants the government in control of everything............or a bunkered down militia person who's just waiting for the "final showdown" with the government.

<EM>Gosh, it can't be any more complicated than "that".............can it.(?)
</EM></STRONG>
Gosh, it can't be any more complicated than "that"........can it?
Actually yes, I do know some people that enjoy cutting wood for exercise. Others will clear wooded areas just for the heck of it. Just something to do. Just to make a neat appearance of an area and not for necessity. I'm not just talking about 2 strokes but anything over a certain sound levels.
Yep there are only three types of people out there with these similar opinions, crazy teens, die-hard liberals and militia. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
One more point, some might say that an atv muffler should be at a lower sound level because people drive them in areas where wildlife might be. What is the sound level of a skidder or a log truck driving in to pick up the logs?

Old 08-13-2003, 01:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

NLWarrior01- I don't like the smoke either, I live in a smoke free environment 99.9% of the time. When I am around it then it does bother me. The other day I could smell cig.smoke coming from a car in front of me and it bothered me a little bit because I'm just not ususally around it. Although I don't like it and I also wish they'd move away from the door ways, smoking is an addiction. Some people use it for stress relief and others for enjoyment because that's all they've got. It just seems like one day most everybody smoked everywhere and now they are shunned for it. So I can see their side a little bit although I don't miss the smoke.

Old 08-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

It just seems like one day most everybody smoked everywhere and now they are shunned for it. So I can see their side a little bit although I don't miss the smoke.
That is true .. terrible crutch to have though ain't it? I've never smoked so I won't bash anyone for not quitting. I've heard that it can be horribly tough to get away from it. What I really don't like about it is there is no easy solution for it. You're stepping on their liberties by banning it all over the place, and they're stepping on yours for taking away a "clean" atmosphere. It would be great if they would all wear smoke eaters or something ... that way they could enjoy their smoke without poisoning the rest of us. That's a little hypocritical I know, since exhaust gasses from my car, truck, ATV and oh yesss .. my Chainsaw (extra loud model just for you cyote[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) are poisoning the atmosphere as well ... but the car and the truck at least are more or less necessary .. atv & chainsaw poloution are legit claims as I could stop using the atv .. and use a hand saw instead of the chainsaw .. I've only actually used the chainsaw twice though .. i'm pretty safe in that area!!

Old 08-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Ahhhhh, dejavu!!!! Its been great sitting back and watching this "character" try to push his message, like an after school special gone bad!!! Been through this with him before, nothing you say will get him off his tirade, even when you admit being wrong about something.

First he blames it on us uneducated, lawbreaking, rolemodels gone bad, then it's our "liberal" school systems, and now its "gangsta rap!" OMG!

Coyote- its almost no use replying to him, he gets his jollys from twisting what you say in order to uneffectivly prove his point. I'm right, you're wrong, I'm smart, you're stupid,I'm skinny, you're fat,etc. etc.

Braty- Amen!

Junkie- Keep it up! good stuff!

NLWarrior- thanks for showing people on these forums how someone on here can put thier point across whithout being a complete @sshole to people that don't live within thier own standards. Good points! I wouldn't have admitted being a "lawbreaker," though, you may now be demoted into the "uneducated, lawbreaking, rolemodel gone bad" group!LOL!

Now, my stance on this issue- to me, noise is everywhere, some can be avoided, some not. Having been a teenager once, and been involved in car audio for a long time, I know first hand the repercussions of having a loud system. Before the neighbors started calling the cops on me, I would simply crank it up as I pulled out of the driveway, with no consideration for them. well, a noise ordinance ticket later, I figured it out. I no-longer boomed in my driveway or in residential areas. I wish they would have talked to me instead, I would have respected thier wishes, but oh well. My point, if you have to ride through residential areas, just putt along, you'll still get there, and will keep your neighbors happy.

I now live in the country, and about a stones throw from two sets of railroad tracks. A train comes through about every half hour! Is it annoying to hear thier horn blare in the wee hours of the morning,(especially with a newborn in your home!)? Yes! Is it nesesary? Yes! If thats what it takes to save peoples lives that might cross into thier path, then I'm all for it! you get used to it after a while, I almost start to miss it sometimes! wierd.

to close- try to be respectful of others, if some-one doesn't agree with something you're doing, see if there's a way to compromise? Now I gotta go listen to some gangsta rap yo!!!!!

Old 08-13-2003, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

yeah we have retarded neighbors, they call the cops for anything, and one time me and my friends were riding in our yard and he pulled a paintball gun out a shot at us, i should of went and got my paintball gun but two wrongs don't make a right, what should i do about this b/c this neigbor is a good guy to cops so cops will believe him if he says he didn't shoot at us, and the marks on our atvs came off when we washed our quads

but i don't know, i should like go over there and yell at them

what do you all think?

yeah thanks

later

Old 08-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Default Rude neighbors?

look at the post the fifth from the top on the first page read the whole thing. thats what i have been told to do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rude neighbors?

Since you no longer have "proof," I would see if he'll shoot at you again, maybe even try to set up a video camera somewhere. As soon as he does, call the cops, show them the proof, and they will have no other option but to arrest him for assault. If he hits you anywhere on your body, take pictures, and show them as proof as well. Nothing better then some solid evidence! It'll only sting for a while, trust me, I know!!!! My 2 cents.....

Quick Reply: Rude neighbors?