Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

I Will Admit His Supra May Be Faster But If Youre SS Is Stock Like Mine You Wouldnt Win Thats All I Have To Say And I Will Admitt I Get Beat By Cars Sometimes Everyone That Owns A Truck Does. And To Whoever That Said That My Camero Didnt Beat That Viper YES IT DID In The 1/4 Mile That V10 Cant Come Out Like A V8 I Dont Care What Anybody Says You Ask Any Engineer About The Differenct Between A V10 and V8 One Of The FIRST Things He Would Say Would Be Is Coming Out It CANNOT Overpower the V8 Mabe In The Long Run After It Gets Time To Make It Up Like If you Would Look At The Speeds You Would See His Was GREATER Than Mine But Look At My Time And Look At His See The Trick Is (That That V10 Wouldve Beat Me But It Didnt Have Enough Time To Catch Up) Now If We Wouldve Had Alittle Longer then He Wouldve Beat Me But Just not In The 1/4 Mile.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

hey padzz and tattoo did you know ford owns controlling stock in cummins? thats why dodge started talking about going to the cat or detroit diesels a few years ago. now for the z-28 that beat a viper, might have but the viper was having a very bad day. the viper v-10 isn't the same v-10 as in the dodge trucks not even the new sport truck. the sport truck does share the same block,heads and intake but the cams are different also the compression and timing. the truck makes tons of tourqe and hp but not as much as the viper. now i might be a little slow here so someone expain how a v-8 camaro which makes almost half the hp and torque that the viper does can beat it? torque is what gets your car going and hp pushes it the rest of the way. the only way you can get the hole shot on a viper is if the viper broke traction and would not let off or he fell asleep at the tree. like i said earlier i have raced a viper on my gsx-1300 and it gave me a good run and i know a stock or slightly modified camaro can not touch my bike. i race it at hallsville rac track and red river raceway and run high to mid 9's regularly. haven't seen to many cararos run that quick with out a lot of $$$ under the hod. by the way the viper was running high 10's to low 11's. i can understand you defending your car and i like the looks of the camaros and the way they run but come on man people are going to think you have been watching to much fast and ferious. that type of stuff only happens in the movies.

Old 10-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
i can understand you defending your car and i like the looks of the camaros and the way they run but come on man people are going to think you have been watching to much fast and ferious. that type of stuff only happens in the movies.
I'm gonna have to go with you on that one. 8042, I will give you props, though. Thats a nice Z.

Old 10-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

Now I Know How An Engine Works My Camaro Puts Out 370Hp And 390 Ftlb Thats MORE THAN HALF OF THAT LITTLE 500Hp That Viper Has Yes My Camaro Has Had A SLIGHT Change In The Transmission To Give It That Little Extra 20 Horses And That 30 Ftlb And That Viper Couldnt Handle Me Coming Out Im Sorry This Is The Honest Truth Even I couldnt Belive That A First But I Can Show You The Printout That Shows MY Time And His And That V10 Didnt Come out As Good Yes I Know That Suzuki Gsx1300R Hayabusa Is Fast Because My Friends Have One And Ive Rode It And They ARE FAST!! I Will Say That They Are Very Fast I May Get one But Im Getting Too Much Stuff Right Now I Just Got My SS About 4 Months Ago And That Hayabusa Can Leave Me Coming out But In Top End I Cant Catch Him But I Can SURE CLOSE IN ON THE GAP the Fastest Ive Got Out Of My camaro Was 172 Mph And That Was Pushing It For All It Had. That Viper Was Coming Back At The End But It Was Too Late I Already Won, And Thats All That MAtters To Me Is That I WON! LoL Thanks To The Guy Who Said My Z Was Good Looking Thanks For That Man I Apreciate It But Now To The Diesels Chevrolet Has That QUIETIST Desils Around They Almost ALMOST Run As Quiet As A Gas Engine If You Would Listen It's Dodge (THE LOUDEST OF ALL LOUDESTS) Then It's Ford (Second To Loudest They Are ALOT Quieters Than Dodges And Then Thers Chevy ( Quietist Diesels Around) Those Quiet Engines Are The Chevy Made Diesel The Duramax (Which Will Get ALOT More POWERFUL This Year) and The Detroit Diesels That Chevrolet Use Those Are The Quietist Desils Around And The POWERIST (according To My Dad He Owns A Chevy 3500 With The Duramax And It Has Pulled EVERYTHING He Has Pulled With It JUST AS GOOD AT A DODGE OR FORD (LoL)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But Remember Ford Better Have It's Glory With The Powerfullist Diesel This Year Because NEXT Year It's Gonna Be The Duramax[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But Please People Whoever Owns Fords Or Dodges I Know They Are Good but I Just Think Chevys Are The Best And Also Dont Take This Personal People Because It Isnt. Thanks

Ross

Old 10-28-2003, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

All the trucks out, have their pro's and con's. Cars were made to go fast! Trucks were made as UTILITY vehicles. I like the Dodge, and the Ford, but the Chevy's just seem cheap to me.

Old 10-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

Where Have You Been All Thest Years Locked Up Chevy Is Making The Powerfullist Regular Truck STILL Dodge Lets Ford And Chevy Overpower Their 5.9L 360CID And The Chevy Engine Is Just Alittle 5.3L 327 And The Fords Is The 5.4L 330CID And Out Of All Those Trucks Chevy Offers The Most Hp And Torqe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (Why Do You Think Chevys Are Cheap)? Give Me one Good Reason (Also Dodges Mouths Are Too Wide) "The Front End"!

Old 10-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Kintama
All the trucks out, have their pro's and con's. Cars were made to go fast! Trucks were made as UTILITY vehicles. I like the Dodge, and the Ford, but the Chevy's just seem cheap to me.
Oh my gosh! You think there cheap! That makes no sense whatsoever. Mine came with white gauges, 6 disc changer, onstar, XM, all leather, with SS in the headrestand and on the dash in aluminum, and nice ground effects that go along the side of the truck, you gotta look close, it makes the truck look so much more aggressive. Thats one thing that Chevy has over the Hemi and Lightning. That was the dumbest put down for a Chevy and even worse for GMC. Your first sentence made sense though.

Old 10-28-2003, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks im Glad Somebodys There To Help Chevys Mine Came With All That Too Except Mine Had Onstar with It And It Also Had A Transmission Temp Gauge The Silverado SS Are Sweet They Are DEFINATLEY NOT CHEAP!!!!

Old 10-28-2003, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mine has those too.

Old 10-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Range Rover

To 8042:

What have you done to your Camaro that it makes 370 HP and 390 ft/lbs other than a "SLIGHT" change to the trans. Transmissions don't make horsepower or torque, they mearly transmit it hence the name transmission. A stock Camaro makes around 325 HP and in no way, shape, or form will hang with a Viper. There is no way that you close any kind of gap against a "busa" that is a 9 sec. bike in stock trim, the gap will only get larger and larger. If your car is basically stock as you imply then it doesn't do 172 mph either, closer to 155mph.

Your SS will not run with a Lightning, unless you are speaking of a first generation Lightning. The 1st gen. would be a close race, a 99+ will flat put a whoopin' on the SS. I own a 99 Lightning and I've driven the SS (I work at Chevrolet) and the SS doesn't even come close to the acceleration, or handling of the Lightning. It doesn't matter off the line or from a 40 mph roll the SS will lose.

The 5.3L was the most powerful engine in a half-ton, until the Hemi and the new 3-valve 5.4L in the 04' F-150. They are good trucks for their intended purpose but they are by no means fast, and neither is the standard Dodge or Ford for that matter.

Now don't get me wrong, the SS is a nice truck but it is not the high performance machine that you imply it is.

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv