Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Hey demag, you think I'm lying? I gave you my address, come find out. I'm not gonna talk **** over the internet.

8042, you must have done something to that SS. Because before my turbo, I couldn't touch a Lightning. And what do you have done to that 5.3L? If I were you, I might watch out for that VW

Old 10-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Uh huh, sure, whatever. I'm going to drive 1700 miles to see if you have a turbo kit on your truck. Yeah right. Here's an easier way....take some pictures and post them on a website.

And if you can, make a video. I love watching fast trucks race. I'm real interested in how fast the SS is with a turbo. Do you have any 1/4 mi. times?

Old 10-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

Im Not Gonna do Anything To My Silverado SS Mabe When It Gets Alittle Older Im Not Gonna Put No Turbo On My Ss And 5.3L It's Stock Too You Would Be Shocked How Just That 5.3L With 295Hp/325Ftlb Will Perform It's Good and I Dont And Wont Look out For No VW If I Wanted Too Everyone Would Have To Watch out Because I know Some Awsome Tricks To Make That 5.3L Put out 425Hp EASY If I Wanted Too But Im Not Gonna Touch My Silverado I Wouldve Take Anything For It And My Silverado SS Is The Only Thing YET! That Can Beat My Regular Silverado No F-150 Or F-250 F-150 Crew cab Has Gotten This Truck ALMOST But They Just Didnt Have The Punch To Do It And I Dont Get on The interstate I Stoplight Race (Stoplight Racing Comes Down To Who Has The Most Torqe) Because Coming out My Silverado Is Good But Ive Kinda Upend The Torqe With A Bigger Torqe Converter And Some Gear Ratios in The Transmission Right Now It Has 385Ftlb More Than My SS But My SS Can Always Seem To Manage To Beat It Thats The ONLY TRUCK THAT HAS BEATEN MY SILVERADO z71 5.3L[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 10-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

I WOULDNT TAKE ANYTHING FOR IT*

Old 10-26-2003, 11:10 PM
Range Rover

Yeah Whatever...

Old 10-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Dang this is a rough crowd! well i can beat you all with my ford ranger that has a turbo i made myself from a hair drier! it has 1400hp and 1300ft pound, at the wheels! the hood scoop i made from an old captain crunch box really boosted it. crap the other day i had a top fuel funny car come up beside me wanting to race. after i beat him by about six car lengths i noticed some burn marks on my hood from the high speed! Just to add my two cents I drive a ford excursion with a v-10 and the kenny bell, gibson exhaust, full length headers and chip. it runs like a bat out of hell ! well a bat pulling a load but the thing does wieght over 9000lbs when the tank is full. i do perfer the powerstroke 6.0 and we have 14 of them here were i work. none have had any trouble except the brakes but the are loaded with tool beds and craines which makes them very heavy. the speed part? well how fast you go depends on how deep your pocket is! i can tale a v-6 for or chevy pickup and make it kick either the ford.dodge or chevys sport truck butt. just depends on how much you want to spend. Crap if you got the money and want the fastest vehicle to tow your quads then buy a lamborghini and put a trailer hitch on it. I have owned a lightning but it just didn't have the room for my wife and two kids. face it folks this argument has been going on for many,many,many years and i can promise you it want end tomarrow. i was one of them that would argue till my face was blue defending ford but i learned it just wasn't worth the headach. drive what you like and enjoy it and when someone says their brand is better just smile and nod. life is to short! DANG that came out of me?????

Old 10-28-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Texas: I would say your Supra TT is pretty quick as well, right?

Old 10-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would say that he has room to talk, because his supra would leave anyone on this forum in whatever vehicle they own. Even your two trucks 8042. I know you won't admit it but it would. I know for sure it would take my SS and mine would beat yours, 8042.

Old 10-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

it does ok. just can't afford the tickets that goes with it. need to up date my profile though. made a typo, it's a 94 not a 97. i've run low 11's at the strip. it all still comes down to how fast do you want to go $$$. i'm afraid if i hooked a trailer behide it the trailer had better have brakes because i know the supras brakes wouldn't stop much weight. top dog is still the busa though. i just haven't gotten enough nutts to top it out. i have made it to 180 once and they just about had to pry me from the seat!

Old 10-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

8042 i just checked out your pic's. hate to start anything with you but how could the z-28 out run the viper? man i've run those and even on my bike they give me a good run. i can take them from a dead stop easily but doing a 20 to 30mph stomp they hang pretty good till 1/2 to 3/4 track and my bike is not stock. unless your running a lingerfelter or however you spell it i just can't see it?

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv