high school: time of your life NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high school: time of your life NOT!

I wish I had studied harder in the subject like Spanish, and Algebra, geometry, etc... You know(What do I need to know this crap for??) Yeah right, I use this stuff EVERYDAY, and wish I had the brains to know that back then. I DID have a lot of fun in High School, but it doesn't mean I constantly want to be back in it. I am very thankful for my experiences, but am happy to be an adult now, where I can make my own decisions(with the wife's permission, of course)![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2003, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

life is what you make it...

luke

Old 12-13-2003, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

i am 15 and in 10th grade in high school. i like the basis of school and what it's all about but i hate sitting for long periods of time. i like doing a lot of work and having fun especially working on sleds, bikes, and cars. the only thing i really like about high school is the parties, gettin a different girl on any given night and playing baseball for school, other than that to me school serves no point. i plan to open up my own business when i am 21 years old to build cars and sleds and bikes on the side. and i feel i already know pretty much everything i need to know to go into the business and be very successful. although i do plan to go somewhere to college to get a degree just in case things dont work out to be on the safe side. and me i dont want to settle down and marry and have kids until i am about 29 or 30 because i really dont want to have such a respnsibility in my 20's and i want to have fun and go ride every single night of the week and weekend without anyone b*tchin at me. but really stay in school and learn as much as you can because it can be very valuable in the future.

Old 12-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Aw high schools not that bad It's a small price to pay for a good future, I look back and see this now, I used to think when will these classes end they take for ever which is only really 6 hours. Now I have twelve hour shiffts running a Cat 970F front loader wondering when my shift will end. Let me see 6 hrs or 12hrs hmmm.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Trailblazer

first off i agree with rock wv all the way. i wish i could come home from school and go riding all day like i used too. it was great living with my parents,they had land and i had no bills=no job so a lot of time to ride. Now half the time i work late and cant ride during the week. On the weekends i have to go get my z400 at my moms or friends house. I live in an apt and have nowhere to put it.

Old 12-14-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: quadsportin
All I can say is school sucks! If life only gets worse, that sucks too! I cant stand even the thought of going back to school tomorrow... gives me chills.
Yeah, I thought it sucked also. Fact is you only have one chance to live those years. You will never get them back. Chances are, you are a healthy and capable young person with the whole world ahead of them and you have a lot to be happy about and enjoy.

School is more than learning about disecting a pig and math equations. It is a time to learn about yourself and other people. The more you learn about those two things, the further you will go in life and the more options you will have. The more you learn about anything the better off you are but understanding yourself and other people are the most important.

When you are in high school you cant wait to go to college. In college you cant wait to get a job. In your job you cant wait to get that promotion, and the next, then retirement. The sooner you figure out how to enjoy as many moments as you can and enjoy who and what you are at the present time, the less you will dread getting up the next day. It is a lot easier to look 20 years back and realize that you really had the world by the huevos, but the sooner you know this the better off you will be.

Old 12-14-2003, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MOJAVE02
i plan to open up my own business when i am 21 years old to build cars and sleds and bikes on the side. and i feel i already know pretty much everything i need to know to go into the business and be very successful.
About 50% of all small businesses fail within the first year and 95% in 5 years.....businesses opened by people with a lot more experience than a 21yr old.

More than75% of all small business owners work at least 60hrs per week......and high school is so bad????

You think you know enough....try taking a gander here: http://www.sbaonline.sba.gov/library/pubs.html

It's a great thing that you want to own a small business but don't overestimate your knowledge, your abilities, the marketplace or the economy....Just don't set yourself up to fail.

There's more to the business than knowing how to turn wrenches.

Old 12-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

yes, alot more to owning a buessness. You need insurance, workers, you need to kno how to pay bills, and order things and also go throw your state for everything. But if you know this then you could be succesful. my dad has owned an insulating company for over 25 years, and now is opening an atv/snowmobile shop.

Old 12-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

O yah and i forgot to add....never trust nobody in h.s!! You might think you have freinds but beleave me they dont give a sweet s*** about you. Mabey a couple of your freinds but def. not all. And unless you like a senior dont get to attached to a girl! You never kno what shes doing behind you back. If i could do one thing over it would be to not get attached to any girl. yes its nice to have a good caring and loving girl freind but sometimes you never know. Am i telling you to not fall in love.?? Hell no, im just telling you that you can love other people and the problem is,, so can she.

Old 12-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: dragracer789
..................Am i telling you to not fall in love.?? Hell no, im just telling you that you can love other people and the problem is,, so can she.
That reminds me, if your local radio station features Tom Leykis, all young men should listen to him. He has a lot of good advice for men. Women could learn a lot also.

Tom Leykis

Quick Reply: high school: time of your life NOT!