atv underground

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003 | 03:46 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default atv underground

what do you guys think of the atv underground?
www.atvug.8m.com
post your thoughs, thank you

Old 12-21-2003 | 05:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default atv underground

It looks, to me, like a bunch of spoiled children who don't own any land and want to be permitted to destroy everyone else's property. There are many small groups like this around the country. They think that because mommy and daddy think they're special everyone else should also.

I own 728 acres in southern Ohio and it's almost a full time job keeping the young jerks off my property. They, for some strange reason, think that they are entitled to trash out anyone's property and will get in the land owner's face and try to intimidate him to a point where the landowner will just turn and run away. About 150 acres of my property is thickly wooded hunting area for my family and my friends. Every season we have dozens of 4-wheeler trespassers who try their best to ruin deer season. They spin wheels up and down my hills and cause terrible erosion. One of my livestock ponds is always muddy now - thanks to the 4-wheeler trespassers. 10 years ago my ponds were crystal clear but the water run-off after the 4-wheelers have been sneaking in mud fills them every spring. Three years ago we had a guy come up to our house at about 11:00 PM to tell us that he had run his quad into one of our ponds. I took him back to the pond on our tractor and found that he and three other guys had a campfire going and had cut down several trees to make a new trail. Their new trail went right off a 4 ft. bank and into the lake. This lake is located about 1000 yards from the nearest property line so there is no chance that they <u>didn't</u> know they were on my property. I called my son on our two-way radio and he called the county sheriff. I offered the guys a ride out to our house and much to their surprise the cops were waiting for them. We pressed charges and the courts fined them. Big deal! Mommy's little children got off easy. I'm sure the boys didn't have to pay the fine.

I have run groups off with my shotgun several times this year. Twice I had to shoot over their heads just to get their attention.

If you don't own the property or have permission to be there - then - get the hell out and stay the hell out.

Old 12-22-2003 | 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv underground

Old 12-23-2003 | 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default atv underground

Well put Swizzler.

The public lands we ride on now are in jepordy due to the lack of respect for it. If we want to continue to ride in public areas, we have to take care of not only it, but become allies to other land owners. We need to get permission to ride on their lands... if we get it, and we respect them and their property, then we can use them as references. If we reverse that, and tear their property up or ride without permission, who do you think will be pushing to ban quads and bikes completely? Do the math, it isn't that hard.

Old 12-24-2003 | 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default atv underground

I think these guys are on the right track. We are part of the public aren't we?

Old 12-24-2003 | 04:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv underground

I got permission from all the local landowners to ride. Some only asked that we not ride during deer season - everyone gets to use the land. Some asked us to stay in certain areas or only on certain trails. Some punk down the road didn't care about any of that and one day blasted up a big hill, under the homeowners deck, across the front yard and onto their frozen pond, doing a couple donuts. The owner was very upset that the tracks led to my barn. I couldn't touch a 14 year old punk but my 14 yo son sure could and did. I started getting calls from guys about trash and their deer stands getting trashed. Needless to say, we lost a lot of riding area. The kid is in jail now but you can't restore the great relationship I had with my neighbors who are afraid this will happen again.
Have a little RESPECT!!
Leave the land like you found it, take your trash with you.

Old 12-24-2003 | 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv underground

Hey Twizzler,
Nobody cares about you precious land. Why come on a atv site and whine about ats's? Grow up. Go to sierra club .com and whine there. I would love to ride on your land and muddy up you pond!

Old 12-24-2003 | 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv underground

whats your problem kracker? its his property and he can do whatever he wants with it ( well within the laws atleast). if i had that much property and people RUINED IT i would be really mad at them too.

matt

Old 12-25-2003 | 04:27 PM
Range Rover
Default atv underground

Kracker,
Its intelligent responses and attitudes such as yours that cause non atv riders and legislatures to continually reduce the amount of public and private land available for us responsible riders. Take your attitude and smart mouth some where else and don't pollute these valuable forums with trash.

Old 12-27-2003 | 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default atv underground

This Kracker punk is exactly the type of spoiled brat people are referring to here. And they are also spoiling it for the rest of us. Makes me wonder....

Quick Reply: atv underground