OT: Hows your job?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004 | 04:30 PM
Royalty Rider
Default OT: Hows your job?

Originally posted by: zman420
hey dancingqueen, add some traffic that could be a long commute, but then again its TOP SECERET where your from, but then again thats galamis!!
TOP SECRET? Glamis? Im lost...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004 | 04:49 PM
Range Rover

Well who knows? maybe its not glamis? then where is it?

Old 06-18-2004 | 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, I feel a group hug is needed. Everyone is a little bit stressed out!!! I guess that's easy for me to say; I have an awesome job with great pay (okay, alright pay), great bennies, and an a-hole boss. See, we are not all that different. I spent 15-years (mostly at night / part time) in college and just got my Masters at 33. I think if you don't like your situation, you need to change it (i.e., get a new job, go to school, pick up a hobbie, etc.). We really are the Masters of our own ship.

I'm one of the head flunky's at my plant (aerospace company), but I also have to answer to a POS. However, I get whinney, damn baby employees coming to me about every little gripe. However, I guess that comes with the territory. I also get calls at 2 AM at home that someone has spilled thier coffee and they don't know how to clean it up. Okay, not quite that bad, but Barney Fife (Security Guard) gets scared a lot of the time and needs some consoling. By the way, we just got sold out too, and it's not any fun. We are also in the process of merging with a company in Detroit and there is a lot of bickering, back stabbing, etc. I think I just need a government job or maybe I'll just become a rodeo clown...who know's?

I get up at 4:30 in the morning and hit the weights for a couple of hours and then off to work. It really is a great stress reliever!!! I just imagine my boss' face is being smashed with each rep. Can you visualize it now? Then some nights and a couple weekends a month, I head up the mountain with my ATV. Life really is good.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004 | 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

Dancingqueen, I used to have a 2.5 hr commute every day. My car had 300,000 miles on it. I feel for ya. I don't know how truck drivers do it. I think I would be all over the road (cuz I get sleepy when I drive).

Old 06-18-2004 | 05:28 PM
Royalty Rider

Oh I see...You thought I lived at Glamis. No, I live in the Sanjoaquin Valley, CA.

Yeah, I have had the Jeep for exactly one year June 21st and I have put 30,000 miles on it...sigh. I spend 20 bucks a day just to drive to work...damn, I think I should look for a new job.

Old 06-18-2004 | 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

20 bucks a day? Holy.... Gees, u must be rich (or really, really broke).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004 | 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pimp250r
I remember that conversation very well AlphaRaptor. So you aren't putting in 14+ hours a day in now?

I'm glad to hear things have gotten better for ya

I'm happy to say that I'm no longer working 14 hour days. Thank God! I'm back to a regular days work. On top of that, I got promoted for all my hard work and effort and I got a fat raise. So now I have a pretty cushy job that pays well. But honestly, I'd still rather be doing something else. I think I'll work here until the end of the year, buy a couple of new quads with the money I'm making, then call it quits.