Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boycott These Bands ...

81-93 economy crap
93-01 booming
01-present declining

Republicans say this was all in there plan for the economy to do well with democrats in office and crappy while they themselves are in office. LOL, a lot of people really believe this. And to those people, I am not going to be able to tell anything.

I also dont believe in following blindly. It is beyond me how anyone can trust Bush.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: Customfabandweld
Don't forget what happenned soon after Bush took office, the 9/11 attacks. All you dems need to remember that Bush has had to deal with the repercussions of that his whole term. Doesn't that effect the economy? I think it's in pretty good shape, considering the circumstances. Also don't forget it was during Clintons 8 years that we had a chance to get Bin Laden, but he cared too much about sticking cigars where they shouldn't be, than our national security, to go after him. The dems, coupled with the ACLU, are going to have this country in ruins. It's only a matter of time before they are teaching homosexuality in all of our schools, as an acceptable way of life. There is already talk, out here in Liberaland(California), that they aren't going to let judges be called to serve if they were a member of any orginization that discriminates against homosexuals(BOY Scouts, etc) What kind of crap is that? If I don't want my son to be taught by a homosexual, that's MY right. It is not the homosexual's right to intrude on this orginization, which stands for honor, and God's moral code. They can start their own group! I don't care what they do in their own bedroom, and they will have to pay for it one day. DEMS, and ACLU, go screw up some other country, and leave this one, that was started by God fearing men, alone. Rant concluded.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
HELL YEAH. I 100% agree. I don't know if the pres. had anything to do with this or not, but I know I am doing a whole world better finacially in the last four years than I have EVER done before. George Bush JR. stands his ground and will not backdown to "special interest groups". People call him a "Cowboy". Guess what, if it wasn't for cowboys, this country would not have survived. My hero's have always been cowboys and they always will be. And XMarine, God Bless you and Heywood. I served a very short time in the military in the early 90's. I wish I could have continued to have a career in our nation's defence. I would have been glad to serve under "Dubya". Kick *** and take names. To hell with the traitor Kerry and her husband. He is a puppet on a string just like Mr. Hillary. God Bless George W. Bush Jr.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

i guess you forgot about the 80s boom up til the 90-91 recession. the economy was in an upturn in the fall of 92. A republican was in office then. a republican was in office during the 80's boom. its your beloved democrat slick wilie that left the economy spiraling just like his former democratic presidential buddy- carter did in the 70's. its a fact that the economy was spiraling during the last 2 quarters of CLINTON's presidency. Bush took office in 01 and all of a sudden it just went down due to his presence in office? BS. alot of things happened that you just plain ignore: 9/11 just 8.5 months after Bush took office, the already downward spiral inherited from CLINTON, corporate scandals....if you cant see it - you just dont want to.

tthe economy would have grown during the clinton time frame regardless of who was in office - it was the technological revolution (and then it overheated). Likewise, the economy would have hit recession regardless of who was in, but it was the BUSH tax cuts that kept it from being less severe than it was.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

I am also doing very well the last 3 years. When the 9-11 attacks came, my company held a meeting and told us that we were looking at bad times ahead, because of what this would do to the economy. It was slow for 4-5 months after the attacks, but it's been strong ever since. We have a 7 million dollar backlog, to build Handrails! Wherever new handrails are being installed, it's either a new building, or a renovation. These things don't happen in a bad economy. I just bought a new quad in December, and I'm buying another in 2 months, and I'm buying a new boat early next year, these are the best times in my life, and I owe it to the way Bush and his team have handled this most difficult situation.

Old 08-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We all agree that 9-11 was a horrible, despicable act of terrorism. Has anyone ever thought that maybe the reason it was carried out had anything to do with Bush?

Do you know why you are paying so much for fuel lately?

Oh, and how many weapons of mass destruction have they found?

I am starting to wonder about Bush's weapons of mass illusion.

Old 08-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

The reason you're paying a lot for fuel now is because the economy in China and India is on fire. The world demand is way up. It's all a supply and demand issue.

If you don't think our economy is doing well, try to go book a semi truck to haul something for you. You can't find them because they aren't enough to go around for all the production going on. Try to set up a rail car to haul something for you. Can't get enough of those either. Our economy in all sectors is doing very well. I see it daily in the manufacturing area that I work with.

Old 08-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigugly
We all agree that 9-11 was a horrible, despicable act of terrorism. Has anyone ever thought that maybe the reason it was carried out had anything to do with Bush?

Do you know why you are paying so much for fuel lately?

Oh, and how many weapons of mass destruction have they found?

I am starting to wonder about Bush's weapons of mass illusion.
Actually, both Clinton and Senator Kerry believed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and pressure was mounting on Clinton to take action while he was in office. I guess people have forgotten that though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Trailblazer

Let me wade in here. Spread out. Gimme some room.

bigugly...Do you honestly...in your own heart...think that 9/11 was carried out as a personal vendetta against President Bush? That is exactly what it sounds like you are implying in your last post. This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of. This tragedy was perpetrated by Muslim religious zealots against America and what America stands for, not against President Bush. These are the same people that want our wives to walk two steps behind us, not beside us. The same people that do not want women to be educated, or work outside the home. The same people that cover their wives head to toe, so other men won't covet them. The same people that would kill a wife or daughter because she was perceived to bring disgrace or dishonor to the family. Face it, these people were brought up different from us. They have been indoctrinated with this way of life from early on, and they would like to impose these indoctrinations on us. Not on this cat. Not on your life.

Do you think that if Kerry is elected that all this strife in the Middle East will go away? Hardly. President Bush's sole aim in this region is to set up a democracy where the people elect their own President and governing body, unlike the thug and his cohorts that Bush got rid of. These people do not know what democracy is, they've never had it. Believe me, if democracy can take hold and flourish, it will spread to the surrounding countries like Iran and Afganistan. With democracy, comes more stability. With stability, comes more economic growth.

Like ShadyRascal said in his post, the economy in India and China are on fire, and they have greatly contributed to the nearly 4% world wide increase in demand for oil in the last year. This supply and demand, coupled with the instability of the oil producing regions, are why we are paying more for oil and gas. Be damn glad you don't live in the U.K., or you'd be paying about $6.00 bucks a gallon. Our current prices are still better than what most of the developed world pays.

Weapons of mass destruction....hummm....The United Nations tells Iraq to open it's borders for United Nations weapons inspector's to look for WMD's. Iraq complies...then plays a shell game...then kicks inspectors out of the country. Now, what would you think? AAhhhaaa...something smells fishy here. Our intelligence sources tell us they have nuclear, biological, and chemical programs in place.
Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. Let's take the worst case scenerio. If they had, or did have these WMD's and they were somehow smuggled into the United States and used against us, and if Bush had never used preemptive action against Iraq, what would the Democrats and Liberals be saying then? He was weak and didn't use the hard intelligence that was available to him. That's what they would be screaming.

Personally, not finding any WMD's so far is a non issue with me. We got rid of a thug and his family, and we are helping a country rebuild itself and find out what democracy is all about. This has got to be good for the entire region, and the world. That's reason enough for me for us to go into Iraq. Sacrifices are, and will continue to be made in lives and money, until this thing plays out. In the big picture...in the long run...Bush will be known as a strong, dedicated leader that did his best to bring peace and prosperity to the world. He's my Commander in Chief, and I'll support him again in the next election.

That's my story...and I'm sticking to it.

XMARINE

Old 08-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

XMARINE can ride with ShadyRascal and drink for free at the Shady Brewery any time.

Old 08-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

XMARINE, you are the man!! Sure am glad you came to these forums.

Quick Reply: Boycott These Bands ...