Boycott These Bands ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boycott These Bands ...

whhy are u all soooooooo blind
blind to what? what the liberal media feeds everyone 24/7? the media has you thinking that bush is the devil... how ironinc. and kerry is gonna take care of things? yeah right. do some real research and come back with facts other than what is crammed down your throat.

do you ever see anything good on the news anymore? its all motivated by fear, speculation and the goal of getting liberals in power because 99% of the media are controlled by liberals. they setup and tear down to manipulate the system while they point fingers and quote people constantly- like they are under arrest and are using the miranda rights against everyone. they make it into a tattle tale game of BS.

Old 08-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

beyond everything else i've read and heard, what scares me most was that kerry announced on tv that "other world leaders" he's spoken to said that they would like to see him elected. that brings up several issues:

(1.) what "other world leaders" is he speaking to? it seems that most of our foreign 'friends' are openly backing bush and his foreign policy. that tells me that he must be talking to the leaders of less than friendly nations. i wonder why our enemies would be interested in seeing him elected.

(2.) why is he talking to foreign leaders at all? where is practicing foreign policy listed in the job description of a junior senator? isnt that the the purview of the president? and ONLY the president?

this tells me that (3.) this idiot is ready to sell this country out, and is just waiting to get his name on the pink slip so he can sign it over. you can be sure that deals have been made, or at least discussed. what else could they be talking about that would make them hopeful to see him elected? i would be surprised if we didnt see a whole new round of loosening of the immigration laws. and we'll be right backin the same state we were prior to 9-11.

or (4.) it's just another lie. he never spoke to any other world leaders and is just posturing. it's not out of character for him to do just that.

in todays global political climate, other countries anxious to see bush out of office tells me that he's doing something right. the entire muslim world would like to see every american dead. and you cant blame that on bush. the countries that we should be able to count on for support behave so cowardly that we cant count on them to even allow us to use their airspace. i'm hardly encouraged to hear that they endorse an opposition candidate in our presidential election. they have to see a closer ally in him than in bush. that freightens me, and it should freighten you too.

just my opinion, but its an educated one.

Old 08-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

bsb64,

Yeah...I think it's got everything to do with democracy.
And, you can bet our intelligence services are keeping an eye on Iran, and Kim Jong Il in North Korea. It's a known fact that these two countries in particular are trying to acquire more nuclear secrets and technology. So was Saddam. Are we to stand by and allow this technology to get into the hands of leaders that have shown they can't be trusted? Nope. And this was one of the reasons we went into Iraq. Nuclear secrets and technology in these third world countries cannot be safeguarded like they can be here. Secrets are offered to the highest bidder. If these two bit leaders get their hands on some plutonium, it'll make 9/11 look like a picnic.

What do we do? We take the responsibility that not many other countries in the world would take. Pre-emptive action. Sure it's not popular. Lives are lost, and money is spent. But, what are the alternatives? Be isolationist? That's not possible because we are tied to the world economy. We shut our doors, and the world will go to hell in a handbasket.

Bush and Tony Blair are the only one's with the huevos to take an unpopular stand. What's right, isn't always what's popular for some people. Bush is trying to make this world a better place to live. For all nations, and all peoples.

We are fighting people that think martyrdom is their highest calling. Do you know what a martyr is? A person willing to sacrifice their life for a cause. They think that if they kill innocent women and children, and a few Americans, because some cleric tells them to, that they will automatically go to heaven and be rewarded with 72 virgins. Look it up. I don't know about you, but the Marine Corps taught me differently. A dead man can't fight anymore. This is the highest act of desperation in my opinion. The Japanese proved it in WWII. But, like it or not, these are the type of people we are dealing with. If we cut and run because of a bunch of ragtags, we'll be the laughingstock of every group that thinks differently than us. Believe me, we can't afford to be perceived as weak.

And yes, I saw the news. It said a battalion of Iraqi policemen had quit, which is a small portion of the thousands that have signed up to protect their country. . It did not say all of the Iraqi police in the country had quit. And the report did not say that all in that battalion had joined forces against the Coalition Forces, only that some had. Do your homework. Small setbacks like this are to be expected.

Lastly, you called Bush a clown. Good thing you aren't in one of the countries you mentioned. The gestapo would be kicking in your door about now, for crimes against the State. At least, in our country, you have that right. The same right Bush is trying give to all Iraqi's.

You think Kerry is the answer huh? I've told you why we're there. Now, go reread my boys twentycharacter's and Heywood's last posts.

Chilling.

Old 08-17-2004, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Twenty, Heywood, and Xmarine are ALL drinkin for free at the Shady Brewery!

Old 08-17-2004, 03:28 AM
Range Rover

I just wish for 51 percent of voters be like XMarine. I'm not asking for one percent more, just solid 51 percent. That will be all this a great country need . Is my pleasure to read your posting XMarine.
rnuts

Old 08-17-2004, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FACT
Since Bush took office, 4 million Americans have lost their health insurance. He's done nothing to address the cost and access to health care. Now he's campaigning on a plan that will actually shift more health care costs to workers.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

Shadester...Twenty, Heywood, and I will be right over. We're going to stop in Cali and bring Rapternuts along with us too. Break out the keg. I believe between all of us, we can solve the entire world's problems. It might take more than one keg though.

XMARINE

Old 08-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

I brew in ten gallon batches so we're safe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Hun Runner Pale ale or Six Roosters Nut Brown to start?

We'll finish with Big Bullet Theory Oatmeal Stout[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Funny....no matter the topic, there's always room for beer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Man I'm gettin thirsty...

Old 08-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

MMMMmmmm.. Sittin here nursin a big ol 20 oz glass of Hun Runner Pale right now. Marvelous clarity, amber tone, creamy white head with a spicy Hallertaur hop aroma calmed by a touch of citrusy Cascade hops, just enough bitter to announce its presence without being overpowering. Just a shadow of carmelly sweetness from the crystal malt. Very clean, somewhat dry with short aftertaste which begs the next sip. I believe I will. MMmmmm..........

Quick Reply: Boycott These Bands ...