Wars And Their Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wars And Their Aftermath

The way I see it, both the dems and reps, like to play robbin hood. They take from the huge middle class, and redistribute to their backers. Unfortunetly, big business is the big winner. Doing the right thing, takes a back seat to making a profit.
Because of the big scams( worldcom, enron,mci and so on), and criminal activity of the late 1990s, business and our economy were headed for a big crash. One sure way to head it off, is to start a war. They were already targeting iraq, and just needed a trigger point to act on. With in 3 hours of the world trade center falling...rumsfeld was already calling for attacking iraq. This is on the public record. How did he know they were involved? Answer is, it doesnt matter if they were or not...they control the news, and they can paint any picture they like. Theyll either make the evidence fit, once we're bogged down over there, or apoligize for being wrong. Either way, they get what they want, and itll be too late to turn back.
Once the war starts and you sell fear to the masses, they will willingly give up freedom and money, for so called security, and blind patriotism.
Wouldnt it win more friends, and make terrorists ineffectual, if instead of spending 200 plus billion in iraq( which by the way, actually comes back here, as wages, and material costs...the average iraqi gets zip), we should be helping the south asia area now, after this tidal wave. If we kept our miltary for peaceful purposes, and helped other areas in time of need...then we truely would be great...no one would hate us, we wouldnt be killing innocent people, and we wouldnt need to worry about the boogie man, coming to get us.
Ask yourself why drugs from canada are unsafe. If they truely were unsafe, why dont the canadians sue the drug companies? Its all about money, and the wealthy keeping it.
The rest of the world sees us as we really are, the reason most americans dont, is because of propaganda and control of the news. Instead of reading about america from abc or cbs, try the bbc and and other british sources...they have real freedom of the press over there.
my 02

Old 12-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

i definetally do agree with you on some of what you stated. most of all, over drugs in canada. there are times it is a money thing, and that one shows it. that is simply bush giving back to the wealthy medical companys, for butter back into his pockets.
the porblem is, i dont think iraq was totally over money. he did stiff the general american public into thinking iraq was a threat, and too many followed blindly, do to an erge to kill something over 9 11, regardless of who was actually at fault. but more so over complete ignorance over the long term affects of such a stupid move. also, over the odvious statements that he himself made, ( he tried to kill my daddy) and others i wont bore you with.
anyway, thanks for some of your insight, and in many ways i do agree with you on your last post.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

nothing......

Old 01-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow, how did this discussion about wars and their aftermath become a cook convention? I know that I'm outnumbered here, and I'm sure one of you, actually most of you, will not see things my way, but here goes. (1) As for the remarks about the media in other countries being fair and them having a clear picture of the U.S.--Give Me A Break. CNN, and the BBC are the most liberal networks there are! If you acually think they are fair and ballanced, you need to come out of the 1980's. (2) If you and your "fair and balanced" networks believe there were no WMD's in Iraq, why were they broadcasting, just before the election, that thousands of pounds of explosives were unaccounted for... and it must have happened on Bush's watch? C'mon, what was Sadam doing with the Billions he was making from Oil for Food, investing in Halibuton? Do you people really believe that Sadam was totally innocent? (3) I do agree with you on the perscription drugs from Canada, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that the only reason we aren't getting them is so that Bush and his family can make money off of it. If we could get them, I'm sure Al Gore, Ted Kennedy, Hillary, and every other elite Democrat would scream "Outsourcing our country away" anyway. Isn't that what they are best for, complaining about something, and then complaining again when it happens because of a Republican? (4) I'm not quite sure how you can honestly argue that you support the troops, not the commander or the mission when we have a 100% volunteer Military. It's not a "backdoor draft", they all volunteered. That, to me, would be like your spouse complaining day in and day out about your job, the hours you work, what you do, and your boss, and then saying that he/she supports you with your career choice. Just doesn't make sense to me. I guess I'm just not as smart as you libs, and am just too narrowminded to see things your way. Oh well, I guess I'm just one of those who don't believe in turning my back to problems, and I don't worry about what other countries think. I live here, in the U.S.A., and I couldn't care less what the French or Germans think of me. Just my 2 pennys worth. Oh, and forgive me if I have better things to do than sit and look at a computer for 10hrs at a time waiting for a response or to respond to one of you. (That's kinda scary)

Old 01-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

fast 400,
thanks for the insight into thinking out of the box( my box anyway)lol. i am self imployed, so i make money all the time. if i work at my puter, and my men are taking care of my job, heck, why not stay online, and see all that is happening. so, 11 hours at a puter, sometimes more, just depends on whats going on with work.
just for the record, i am no liberal, lol. i wanted war so bad, when we were hit, it half killed me. but, i was a realist. i knew we could not attack the worlds terrorist organisations. so, one at a time, taking there threats to account. afganistan was a great move, and i never doughted it. i thought, go bush, let them know we will not lay down, like, as you stated, other presidents, have done. i also knew iraq, was no, and i will state this clearly, no threat to us. terrorists hate him, for his slaughter of other muslems. i also knew we still had the un in country inspecting. ( i know it is much harder to make and ship weapons, while under watch.) so, even before he went into iraq, i knew it was a mistake. i just did not understand why we did not go totally twards the terrorists, and the country's who support them. you looked at 9 12, and the fear there. well, i just feel the commander in chief, should not let fear guide him. i am not, nor have i, armchaird his desitions. i have seen them as bad, from day one that he removed the un, and attached. we can all go back to japan, and attach them, stating they attached us( or our allies,) but that does not hold water 12 years later.
i do, and have always supported our troops. they did not push to die in iraq, but they did push to fight terrorism. to support your troops does not always mean to support where there commander in chief sends them. i did not support clinton for pulling out of sumalia either. the troops were overrun, due to bad desitions, and then told to tuck tail and run. both times, i supported the troops. dont confuse thinking that bush has screwed up to not liking the troops told to clean it up. the last time i remember seeing troops disobey orders at the level we are seeing today, is in viet nam. it was a no win situation, and so is iraq.
as for the 1000's of pounds of weapons. they had them, but we did not protect what we actually knew was there. we protected the oil instead. so, the terrorists are using them same weapons to attach the new police forse there, along with the americans there.
i dont feel that bush will not allow canadian drugs in america to butter his own pockets. its more of a, i'l scrach your back, you support me. we all know he gives to the rich, and takes from the poor. just another example of this. my mother would not be asking me to pay her bills every month if we could get her prescriptions from canada. heck, there 10 minutes from me. the same prescriptions that we have, they have. so, why does bush want her to pay 1000.00 a month for them, when in canada, she can get them for 100.00? canada doesn't have a problem with it.
back door draft. push hard in the inner city, offering a life some dont understand. tracking numerous highschool kids, and making calls constantly, along with pamplets, to perswade many to inlist. recruiters tracking thousands of kids, and hounding them until they get them to sign. yea, still a complete voulenteer army, but a back door system, all the same. i still remember when our military was quite picky, becouse we did not need the ammount inlisting. heck, a 12,000.00 signing bonus to anyone enlisting in the guard now. entising to the poor, back door drafting.
as for our seniters and congressmen supporting iraq. they did it as a last resort. most stated, if all attempts fail, then bush has the right to go to war. i am sure you can agree that most never ststed, attach now, without reason, just becouse he could be a threat. bush jumped the gun, and most will state that he had the right, becouse of the bill. even some republicans said he moved to quickly. no plan for pease, no plan to win, and no plan to keep it from a police state.
the democrats complain about outsorceing all the time. the uaw complains about it, along with the teamsters. i live in an auto industry state. i see this all the time. 10,000.00 jobs here and there, all overseas. bush's plan gives gifts to company's for doing this.
all the same, i do appreciate your insight, and helps me understand what other people think on these issues. your one of the few that actually responded to this, and i appreciate it. that does not mean i understand it though. it seems to me, most who do respond, use other reasons for there desition. congress voted for it, weapons of mass destruction, and so on. i guess i just feel the pres needs to stay above it. if kennidy listened to his advisers, or congress, or his military. america would have been nuked into the stone age,. he is a prime example of coution in matters of our country's interests.
no, if he stated we are heading into iran, i would have been proud of this president actually going after the terrorists. iraq, never understood the desition, and just never will. the buck stoped with the top dog, and it lies on bush.
i wonder if most see how weak our borders are right now, becouse of all the money spent on iraq, and minumium funds going to our security? the coast guard is just begging for help, and our borders are under guarded. we have no system in place to protect our food supply's coming into country. only 5 % of shipments are searched. even most can admit that spending half that money from iraq to our own national security would have been better. will we be attached again, i think so. could it have been differant, maybe. i just feel iraq was not a good move for us.
god bless our troops, and america.