CALIFORNIA 2 stroke "GREEN STICKER" owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CALIFORNIA 2 stroke "GREEN STICKER" owners

I've been reading alot on the boards about what will happen to "Green Sticker", 2 strokes when the EPA regulations take effect in 2006. One of the things I've heard is, they will become a "Red Sticker" or " You won't be able to ride anymore".
While conducting business at DMV today, I posed the question about Pre-2002 "Green sticker" 2 strokes, becoming "Red Sticker" after 2006. I was handed the information packet that DMV employees go by, and after talking to the Manager on-duty, I was told that once a "Green Sticker" OHV, always a"Green Sticker" OHV[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Not being "totally satisfied" with their answers. I called CARB(Caifornia Air Resource Board) and talk to a female(name withheld) and asked the same question to her. After a few minutes. She told me the same thing. If the vehicle has a "Green Sticker" now, then, it will have a "Green Sticker" until it no longer exists. If you would like to call CARB and hear it yourself, their number is 800-242-4450. Lt. Dan

Old 12-07-2004, 04:50 AM
Pro Rider

You poor Californians just remember stay in the golden state, it rains to much in Washington.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2004, 08:16 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

That is what I had always been told, by countless ranger's and DMV employee's. Thank's for the verification rescuediver, I have way to many of these thing's to have them turn into red sticker's. Would have to move to another state, just to ride all year.

quadduck, It may rain too much in Washington, but it doesn't rain near enough here in California. Gosh I love riding in mud.

Old 12-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

Hey don't believe the hype! Its so dusty up here year a round that it makes so cal look wet. Plus this state has no where to ride especially if you move here from out of state.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So just stay in California, so you guys don't bring your stickers with ya![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

Move to WV. Heck the only stickers we think of are racing stickers! Plus there is plenty of mud and trails to ride on. My son and I can take off from the house and ride all day and never touch the same trail twice. And heres a good one. There legal to ride on the roads.Man I love it here!

Old 12-07-2004, 11:43 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: quadduck
You poor Californians just remember stay in the golden state, it rains to much in Washington.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
gladly......

Washington = Highest suicide rate in the country. Talk about a downer............

Old 12-08-2004, 12:18 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: quadduck
Hey don't believe the hype! Its so dusty up here year a round that it makes so cal look wet. Plus this state has no where to ride especially if you move here from out of state.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So just stay in California, so you guys don't bring your stickers with ya![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You poor Californians just remember stay in the golden state, it rains to much in Washington.
OK so which is it? Muddy? Dusty? Your not fooling me. I have been there once, awesome experience. I rode a 2 day isde qualifier in early august '87 in Bellingham Wa. The sweetest trail's ever, nice and WET. Possibly the most fun I have ever had on a motorcycle. 150 plus miles a day. Closest was a enduro out of Eureka Ca. They ran it out of the fair ground's and you went right into fern lined trail's, over 90 miles of them. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Old 12-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Okay uh, its really dusty even when it rains, yeah thats the ticket. Like its a wierd phenomenom or something, so just stay in the golden state or I heard that Oregon is nice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] All right you got me, us warshingtonians shouldn't try pulling a fast one on you FORNIA ERS!
BTW IF you liked it up by Bellingham You'd love it down here by Olympia we have capitol forest in our back yard and Tahuya State Forest About an hour and a 1/2 away. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Quad Patrol

In reality, the green and red sticker issue only effects people buying 2003 or newer 2 strokes and some 4 stroke m/c.

quadduck, I have several riding places within 30 mins. of my house and a National Forest 1 hour away myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ca. might have the sticker registration, but, for the $25 we pay for 2 years worth of registration, I FEEL we, get our money back into the OHV parks. Went to Pismo this Thanksgiving and they remodeled the Rest Rooms at the Entrance Stations and put more permanant rest rooms out in the dunes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Our local parks also get grant money through the green/red sticker funds. Even though we have people that want to close our facilities down, the picture isn't "has" black as outsiders think. When I read some threads here on this forum about other states and their liberal ways, we are not the only "screwed up" state.

Also, you "DO NOT" have to register your quad/ohv in Ca. Just don't let it leave your (or anyone elses) private property. Once you do that, it can be cited for being on a public road with no current registration.

Old 12-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Just giving you guys a bad time, I don't know if you guys know it or not but a lot of the residents in my state really don't like out of staters moving here, you ought to see the bumper stickers . personally I would rather have the riding ops that is in california too.

Quick Reply: CALIFORNIA 2 stroke "GREEN STICKER" owners