Old 03-17-2005, 07:18 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default quads vs dirtbikes, see the results

Originally posted by: snowbuster
quads vs dirtbikes
it says it all

Am I missing something? What is the point you are trying to make?

I did look a little closer try quad vs motorcycle. It says something else.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im lost to what is the point?

Old 03-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i read in dirtwheels that quads outsell dirtbikes 2 to 1? sounded really far out there.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

I'm sure quads are outselling Dbikes

Mainly because you can do more with them
and ATV's are a lot easier to ride. Lots of new people getting into the offroad sport every day.

The YZ's CR's KX's and what not are a purpose built machine and of course aren't going to out sell something that you can use for a wide range of riding styles.

okay im done rambling.

In MN Quads are out selling Sleds 3 to 1 i've heard.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:28 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackRaptor

In MN Quads are out selling Sleds 3 to 1 i've heard.

I have heard that from a lot of people from MN. Would be interesting to see what the percentage is in the whole country. From my experience in no cal. unless i go to the dunes there are way more dirt bikes than quads. I'd say 10 to 1 easy. Would be interesting to see if quad riders from ca. feel the same way I do though. You are right that quads are easier to ride which is also what gets inexperienced riders in over their heads and into the hospital. The dirt bike at least looks dangerous. Quads are just as dangerous if not more, IMO, it just doesnt look like it.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Range Rover

you have to do quads vs. motocross. bikers consider dirtbikes the putters in the woods and motocross bikes the real things like yzf450s and crf450s.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

yeah see. quads make 1,010,000 but motocross had 1,280,000 hits [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

OH but the word ATV had 3,980,000 hits.... so nevermind lol.

Old 03-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any hard numbers right in front of me and this info is a couple of years old, but what I recall is quads outsell EVERYTHING ELSE COMBINED! Dirt bikes, scooters, street bikes, etc., everywhere EXCEPT IN CALIFORNIA. Out here, there is a very well entrenched dirt bike culture (every kid wants to be an MX star, and dirt bike desert racing is big), but on the other hand dealers can sell almost any sport quad they put out on their floor. What doesn't sell so well out here are utilities.......this is sport bike country! Utilities are seen as specialized machines for work or hunters. There is a bit of a negative image that if you ride a ute, you are likely to be a senior citizen who "doesn't want to go fast". They are not at all considered the first choice by the average rider.

I personally would love to have a dual sport bike, so I could ride around the national forest on all those fire roads that are open to street legal vehicles only!

Old 03-21-2005, 09:06 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Thanks reconranger, I always thought there was something different going on out here in ca. I have never really understood the us vs them problems other states seem to have either. Must be because we dont have those problems in Ca. At least not where I ride. Pismo seems to be the only place that quads out number bike, but it seems like that is where all the 3 wheelers are hiding too. It always amazes me how many of those things still exist.

Quick Reply: quads vs dirtbikes, see the results