Killer Bees and ATV's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005 | 12:33 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Killer Bees and ATV's?

Here is a wierd question:

Let's say you are riding in one of the hotter areas in Southern California, or even up in the local mountains during the hot season.

You are slowling going up a rock covered, narrow trail when you hear a buzzing sound, and then bees come at you from everywhere!

I know, sounds paranoid, but an ATV, with it's vibrations, would be the perfect thing to pee off the killer bee, and I wonder when some poor schlub is going to get caught in something like this.

The only thing to do is gun it and get away, but on some trials, there is no going fast...

How prevalent are these bees out there?

Old 03-22-2005 | 01:24 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Originally posted by: GusinCA
How prevalent are these bees out there?

Meteor could fall on your head, bear or Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  could attack you, some wild tree-hugging democrat could shoot you or put fishing line about neck high.....why single out bees? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2005 | 02:05 PM
|
Trailblazer

Good point... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2005 | 07:10 PM
This chick Rocks!
A Bad Word For A Good Thing.

actually this happened to me! me and my bf were riding up in the cajon pass (I15) and we came to a stop and were resting a bit when a group of bees started forming behind me my bf yelled at me to go now i was trying to put my gloves on and he said forget it go now i started down the trail and there was a big black ball behind us we rode for a while and stopped to get situated. i am not sure if it was "killer bees" but it was kinda scary not knowing and they were definitely p.o.'d we actually had to ride back through the same area to get home but i didn't see any bees on the way back.

but like raptorlegs said why fear bees when you are more likely to be harmed by the quad itself?

Old 03-22-2005 | 07:25 PM
|
Trailblazer

See, now that would've freaked me out somewhat.

Imagine if you were on a trail that was really twisted and tight, which are most of the trails I ride on with my Utility 4x4.

Somebody needs to invent a spray that makes bees go away...

Old 03-22-2005 | 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

funny this came up, last weekend one of my friends got stuck, 15 of us were out riding, they were trying to help him while me and another kid were sitting on ou rquads talking and watching, i looked at him and hes like ahhh sh$t!! and there were ground hornets all over him then BAM one got me in my head, turns out we had parked our quads over a dead tree truk filled with hornets, we ran and poked them with a stick, we ended up takeing a 4x4 behind us with a tow rope to pull our quads away to where we could get on them

then we ramped over the log quickyl and left lol

Old 03-22-2005 | 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GusinCA

Somebody needs to invent a spray that makes bees go away...

hairspray and lighter is all ya need

remember... short bursts
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005 | 04:52 AM
Range Rover

One time I was riding out in Santee, Ca and I am coming over the crest of a hill and WHAM! I ride through a big swarm of bees. Some of them bounced off my helmet and a few got stuck on my shirt. It startled me for a second, but they didn't sting me. Afterwards I was laughing about it cause it was pretty funny after the fact........

Old 03-23-2005 | 12:29 PM
|
Trailblazer

See? Not such a silly post after all... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

RaptorRider, I am going to Glamis for the first time ever on Saturday with a couple of buddies, care to join us? No bees there, I think...

Old 03-23-2005 | 01:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was out riding and a bee was in my way, and it flew in my helmut...stung my lip...fell down my shirt..stung me once or twice on the stomach, and then it fell out of my shirt....I didnt know what happend untill I stoped riding...I thought it was just a regular bug [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Killer Bees and ATV's?