Driving in Oregon/Washington

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 02:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving in Oregon/Washington

I know this may seem completely off topic, but the nice folks here always have answers, so here goes.

I am planning a drive with my lovely wife in our Mustang GT convertible in the middle of May up the coast from San Francisco to Seattle, and I'd like some recommendations as to what to see and where to stay along the way.

The only two things I know I want to see are the giant redwoods and the Columbia River canyon.
So one question would be, where is the best place to see the Columbia River canyon, by driving the route along the north side of the river (I think it's the 14) or the south side highway, and how far east should I go? Where should I stay?

Then comes Washington. Never been, but I've seen so many shows I have to go. Recommendations?

Thanks!!!

Old 03-26-2005, 02:25 AM
Quad Patrol

Sounds like fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've only been to the east side of Oregon. Unless your hunting, I can't help you. But, one thing I can tell you about is, in Oregon, they pump your gas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] First time I went there, I started to pump my own and they got mad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I thought they were joking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]But come to find out, they weren't.. Drive safely[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2005, 03:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

I don't know what you like to do but I went to the museum of science and industry in Portland. It was wild!!!!!!! Super cool stuff to do!!!!I could have spent days and days there. They have a WWII sub there that you can tour also.

But, one thing I can tell you about is, in Oregon, they pump your gas First time I went there, I started to pump my own and they got mad I thought they were jokingBut come to find out, they weren't.. Drive safely
Ha ha ha ha ha, LMAO. Samething happened to me!!!!!! The dude got all bent out of shape!!!!! Must be because of all the 1000's of explosions we have in CA. when we pump our own gas!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I told him NO ONE touches my truck, pumps my gas or checks my oil; that's my job.