Daylight Savings in CA shouldn't bother me but it does!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005 | 01:19 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Daylight Savings in CA shouldn't bother me but it does!

Ok, if you live in Arizona and dune in Glamis, CA, you'll know what I'm talking about. For half the year (winter), since AZ doesn't observe DLS, we take the 3+ hour trek to Glamis CA, and then gain an hour once we get to the Glamis dunes. So If you do a day trip from Phoenix, leaving around 7am MST, you get to Glamis around 9am PST, and feel like you have all day to ride. Now with DLS, you leave at 7am PST, but get there at 10am PST instead. Ok, you're thinking so what, they day is still roughly the same amount of riding time before sundown and the days are getting longer. For some reason this irks me. Anyone else?

Old 04-06-2005 | 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

i heard on the radio where a female from california called in and was complaining about dls.....she thought that california should get rid of it as well....her gripe was that the extra hour of sunlight in the spring kills her grass....maybe california should get rid of her

Old 04-07-2005 | 08:59 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BIGCHEVROLET
i heard on the radio where a female from california called in and was complaining about dls.....she thought that california should get rid of it as well....her gripe was that the extra hour of sunlight in the spring kills her grass....maybe california should get rid of her
There is way more than one like her out here, trust me.

Old 04-09-2005 | 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

yeah i've seemed to be more tired waking up lately since DLS, but i always used to get up at around 5:45 am, and do my routine stuff around the house, but i feel like sleepin in lately, i'm adjusting slowly tho, japan is getting rid of DLS damn japs!

Old 04-10-2005 | 02:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BIGCHEVROLET
lol that would be hilarouse if they kicked her outta cali cuz of that

Old 04-13-2005 | 05:00 PM
TIC
Pro Rider

The main reason I hate it so is because of the highway I live on is deep woods one side MO river other side, so the deer are plenty. There are no less than 100 deer a year hit buy cars on this strectch and ive hit deer in everyone of my rides except one (knock on wood) Heck I even flipped my bronco 2 once dodging deer. So I love driving to work with the sun up as much as it can be at 6:30am, but when they do the time change in the spring 6 am becomes 7am and im right back to driving to work in the dark again.