Had a guest speaker at my school about shooting at school

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:18 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Had a guest speaker at my school about shooting at school

Weren't you boys paying attention when President Hillary said "it takes a village to raise a child"?

....BUT so many are getting raised by the village idiots. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2005, 04:22 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: 440EX026

Wow I know its hard to feel "expression" over the net but trust me that post was totally 100% sarcastic.

And your correct teachers are responsible for teaching or educating, and parents are responsible for absolutely everything else including raising, and being a parent (not the same as a friend) to their children.

In my opinion (take it for what its worth lol) the real underlying problem stems from our goverment and the greed of a handfull of the wealthiest people in the country. Its really long to fully explain but to put it simply there has been a long term set of planned changes to our way of life that have caused a situation that has benefitted few and cost plenty to many.

The slow process of eliminating the wife or mother from being a full time parent and mentor to her children due to the created need to have a second income in order to have a chance at living as well as our parents or grandparents did with one working family member. Maybe we could wonder why there is so much more diffilculty raising 1 or 3 children today than 4 or 8 thirty or forty years ago.

The constant time spent out of the home with school related activities that further removes the child from his parents teachings etc.

A slow but steady removal of religion from our most every social contact. Seperation of church and state was not meant to mean the removal of church from our states. Pick you religion, and follow your heart of soul, but you shouldnt be taught that any form of it is unacceptable from a young age.

The total removal of true responsibility of our actions, and the acceptance of rampant lawsuits, and regulated everything (our sport is not alone lol) as "big brother" starts to condition us for how well he will take care of us.

If you look at all of those things and how they have effected you and your family (from your greatest granfather to your self or your children etc) its starts to become very clear that we have been being conditioned for a long time.

Now we can look at the how the real people running our country (the wealthiest etc) have made this all our current reality. As we have moved our good paying jobs in manufacturing overseas for the last 40 years, and allowed continued infiltration of our shores by foreign countries dumping low priced and quality products onto our shores we have simultaniously made a small percentage of people see more growth in their wealth than the ever dreamed, but the rest of the working people of the US have seen their quality of life seriously diminish due to replacing good jobs in manufacturing with poor ones without benefits in any industry they could find.

I am sorry but all this added stress to everyone in how to keep their 1/2 size families happy and food on the table trickles down to the youngest infant, and now that there isnt any time to nurture and educate your own child, and religion is all but lost tell me just who is raising that little "gun slinger" of yours.
I thought it was sarcasm.

Dont know about you but my wife was a stay at home mom until the kids hit HS and then only worked from 10:00 to 1:00, like she still does today. It was a choice we made and sacrafices were made along the way. It is a bunch of people who cant control their spending habits that have chosen not to raise their kids. IMO. I guess it is easy to blame it on the govt. I mean this is america, why take responsibility for your choices in this country.

Old 05-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here. My wife is a stay at home mom and was with our first. We have suffered financially over this, but it is our choice.

Old 05-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
We ban prayer and ban the 10 commandments (including thou shalt not commit murder) from our schools. We tell our kids they are a highly developed apes. Right and wrong is simply because mom said so. We allow them to be bombarded with sex and violence through the media. We look up to celebrities with no moral values. And we're too busy to spend time with our kids.

Then we wonder why they act the way they do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Very, very well said!

Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Here here to stay at home mothers.

My wife makes almost 40% more then I do, however with the birth of our son she is going to be a stay at home mother, and I will then be the "bread winner". This all goes back to family values and the rolls God has called each of us to do. One thing I have learned very on in my young life is that money makes NOBODY happy. However living your life for God can make you happy forever. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
We ban prayer and ban the 10 commandments (including thou shalt not commit murder) from our schools. We tell our kids they are a highly developed apes. Right and wrong is simply because mom said so. We allow them to be bombarded with sex and violence through the media. We look up to celebrities with no moral values. And we're too busy to spend time with our kids.

Then we wonder why they act the way they do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
AMEN!!!!

Old 05-12-2005, 05:11 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: Catterman

My wife makes almost 40% more then I do, however with the birth of our son she is going to be a stay at home mother, and I will then be the "bread winner". This all goes back to family values and the rolls God has called each of us to do. One thing I have learned very on in my young life is that money makes NOBODY happy. However living your life for God can make you happy forever. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
You wont regret it for a second catterman. But you already know that.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

However living your life for God can make you happy forever. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Amen!

Old 05-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: 440EX026

Wow I know its hard to feel "expression" over the net but trust me that post was totally 100% sarcastic.

And your correct teachers are responsible for teaching or educating, and parents are responsible for absolutely everything else including raising, and being a parent (not the same as a friend) to their children.

In my opinion (take it for what its worth lol) the real underlying problem stems from our goverment and the greed of a handfull of the wealthiest people in the country. Its really long to fully explain but to put it simply there has been a long term set of planned changes to our way of life that have caused a situation that has benefitted few and cost plenty to many.

The slow process of eliminating the wife or mother from being a full time parent and mentor to her children due to the created need to have a second income in order to have a chance at living as well as our parents or grandparents did with one working family member. Maybe we could wonder why there is so much more diffilculty raising 1 or 3 children today than 4 or 8 thirty or forty years ago.

The constant time spent out of the home with school related activities that further removes the child from his parents teachings etc.

A slow but steady removal of religion from our most every social contact. Seperation of church and state was not meant to mean the removal of church from our states. Pick you religion, and follow your heart of soul, but you shouldnt be taught that any form of it is unacceptable from a young age.

The total removal of true responsibility of our actions, and the acceptance of rampant lawsuits, and regulated everything (our sport is not alone lol) as "big brother" starts to condition us for how well he will take care of us.

If you look at all of those things and how they have effected you and your family (from your greatest granfather to your self or your children etc) its starts to become very clear that we have been being conditioned for a long time.

Now we can look at the how the real people running our country (the wealthiest etc) have made this all our current reality. As we have moved our good paying jobs in manufacturing overseas for the last 40 years, and allowed continued infiltration of our shores by foreign countries dumping low priced and quality products onto our shores we have simultaniously made a small percentage of people see more growth in their wealth than the ever dreamed, but the rest of the working people of the US have seen their quality of life seriously diminish due to replacing good jobs in manufacturing with poor ones without benefits in any industry they could find.

I am sorry but all this added stress to everyone in how to keep their 1/2 size families happy and food on the table trickles down to the youngest infant, and now that there isnt any time to nurture and educate your own child, and religion is all but lost tell me just who is raising that little "gun slinger" of yours.
I thought it was sarcasm.

Dont know about you but my wife was a stay at home mom until the kids hit HS and then only worked from 10:00 to 1:00, like she still does today. It was a choice we made and sacrafices were made along the way. It is a bunch of people who cant control their spending habits that have chosen not to raise their kids. IMO. I guess it is easy to blame it on the govt. I mean this is america, why take responsibility for your choices in this country.
I fully understand your point, and actually agree with it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thing is were not in this alone, and as much as we need to accept responibility for what has happened (dont forget we vote these guys into office, and are as able to run for public office as anyone) we have to also start with accpeting what has actually happend in the first place.

I know we all make choices, but who is pushing all the propaganda that every kid needs to have the newest and best of everything, and if he doenst live in a 3000 plus sq ft mini mansion his parents dont love him etc. and who the hell is buying that crap anyhow!!

I guess my point is that my grandfather who worked for the railroad when a days pay was miniscule compared to an hourly wage today had a better living standard and possibly more material possesions than most of us today who have two working members in the family, plus there wasnt nearly the amount of stress we have fighting to only be behind today.

It seems to always go back to economics and big brother, and even though we may make the actuall choices available to us, we are not personally creating the choices. Sure we are free to do whatever we like as long as we dont interfere with the wrong people (meaning you can only get so far if you dont join in the "system") but if you are intending to just be a dedicated worker and properly raise your family on a single blue collar (and most white collar too) job where you wife is able to educate and raise your children as you both agree and not how society wants it done I think your in for a rude suprize (I am speaking in general not you specifcally).

Sure there are still a handfull of good paying labor or mfg type postions, but they are only a extrememly small amount of what they were even 30 yrs ago, and with the expectations of how we want to live and the way global economics has mislead us to believe were can still attain what our parents of grand parents did by providing us inferior low priced "junk" that we now have come to accept that has only removed additional good jobs from us therefore further causing the need to have two working members in the family.

I think Hillary Clinton hinted (maybe by mistake) at whats happening when she said "it takes a community to raise a child". I have twisted this to say it takes a village to raise an idiot, but the point is still there as there are those who prefer to have the "community" and our goverment raise our children, and by the ways things appear to be going they may very well get their wish.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

You wont regret it for a second catterman. But you already know that.

Agreed, but think what your decisions may have been or would be if you removed God from the equation?????

That is what is really frightening me as I see how its being attempted all the time, and I always seem to go back in history to the start of communism when the first things removed from the people were their family or family values, and their religion.

Pay attention to whats happening every day on the news (check out others from outside the us reports also) and understand what were up against, and never say never.

Quick Reply: Had a guest speaker at my school about shooting at school