Had a guest speaker at my school about shooting at school

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a guest speaker at my school about shooting at school

When I used the term "lock down" it means what it is suppose to me. The doors are all locked, and no one is allowed to be in the halls except for things like lunch and the time between classes. No one was allowed in the school unless you were coming back from study hall and had a pass of some sort. The lockdown was never fun. When I was in the highschool it was under "lock down" several times...but that was to do locker searchs for drugs and what not...but this past time was for an entire week. I dont like the idea, but if that is what it takes, then I guess you have to do it

Old 06-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MnFriesen
I dont like the idea, but if that is what it takes, then I guess you have to do it
That is exactly what I am talking about, and thats how it has become acceptable to be "locked down" and how simple it is to create an acceptable situation over a short time.

If this had been tried 20, 30 or even 50 years ago parents would have gone nuts, and hardly anyone would have accepted the idea of having your son or daughter locked in school like a criminal just to allow a search of lockers.

Then when I think about it we had walk outs for much less than this BS, and no I am not old enough to be your grandfather either LOL

Old 06-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ahh yes...walk outs...been there too, I organized one that made national news (talk about a slow news day) budget cuts have been plauging(spl?) our dist for the 7 or 8 years at now and it doesnt seem to be getting any better

Old 06-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MnFriesen
ahh yes...walk outs...been there too, I organized one that made national news (talk about a slow news day) budget cuts have been plauging(spl?) our dist for the 7 or 8 years at now and it doesnt seem to be getting any better
Yea we have those budget cuts here too. It seems that when we as regular people have to reduce or cut our budget we actually get or spend less, but my district is crying about a budget cut that was little more than a cut from part of their increase for the year.

Try and tell your boss that your looking for an extra 2 million this year, and see what happens if you biotch about only getting 1.5 and cry to your coworkers that you took a cut.

Damn are we all so conditioned.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

Well put. I don't know if I've ever seen a cut that was a real cut.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

i go to a highschool that has 130 kids, and no one does any type of drugs, but they do occasional seaches, i forgot to mention it is a lutheran school. one person brought a gun to school claiming he was "god"

Old 06-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The thing I dont like about all these cuts are that we just built a brand spanking new middle school, but we are closing other schools because we are short of money. We are cutting teachers, upping school activity fees and the teachers are unable to get new books. I shouldnt care anymore but I do, I am an Alumni and it upsets me to hear that all these cuts are happening...even though I have only been out of there for a full year now. They are trying out new scheduling and moving things to other builiding to try to save money. in the long run i think it will only hurt the school system

Old 06-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

i think my school could spend its money a little better. we just built a brand new muti million dollar high school. instead of putting more money into the students education they put a $40,000, white, plastic fence around the school (yep $40,000), get brand new T.V.'s for every classroom and leave them boxed in the hallway for 6 months, and we dont even have lockers...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]