Fourwheeler Thieves Caught

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-1999, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very happy to be posting this. Two fourwheeler thieves who are believed to be involved in the theft over 40 quads in alittle less than 2 years have been caught.
They have been charged with 11 counts of aggravated burglary or something like that. I am pretty sure the judge will throw the book at both of them because this is a very big fourhweelin community. Alot of people will be getting thier quads back, but for the ones that were not recoverd, they will never see thier fourwheeler again. I just thought i would post this, it made me smile when i heard they had finnally got caught.

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* t-wolf

Old 07-29-1999, 12:50 AM
Trailblazer

Jeremy,
Thank you for the post. It is always good to hear a victory (if you can call it that) for us. Please keep us posted as to the outcome of the conviction and sentencing for them. Can they be sent to either my facility or Mike Chero's place of employment? Too bad for them.

------------------
Scott Colson 98 Scrambler 500 91 Yamaha Moto 4 250

Old 07-29-1999, 01:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I seriously doubt they will do ANY time. I will bet they get no more than community service!
Jails should be filled with murderers, rapists, and predators, not drug addicts or quad thieves! (Then again, i have a Smith and Wesson. Go ahead, make my day, Punk!)

RoostKing...

Old 07-29-1999, 01:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dont get me wrong, I hope the guys who stole the quads get some time, but my insticnt says no.

RoostKing...

Old 07-29-1999, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider

Anyways...HOW IN THE WORLD WOULD SOMEONE GET AWAY WITH GATHERING OVER 40 STOLEN ATVs anyways? That is crazy that they got away with that much even before they were caught!

------------------
- 1996 Kawasaki Mojave, 1998 Kawasaki Mojave, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/B...8090/home.html

Old 07-29-1999, 11:37 AM
Range Rover

What everyone has to understand is that they were caught in Scott County Tennessee. This is a rural county on the Cumberland Plateau with good honest folks who only tolerate a little bootlegging on occasion.

They don't coddle criminals up there. If you ever saw the movie "Walking Tall" it was about another rural county in Tennessee and shows what these boys are in for.

------------------
Kevin Staton
Windrock ATV Club
2000 Polaris Magnum 325 4x4

Old 07-29-1999, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

YEAH!!... That reminds me of some guys in a nearby town.. They got caught with 38, yes 38, 4-wheelers, 3-wheelers, and dirtbikes..
Needless to say, they were crack addicts supporting their habits... AT our expense. They had a good game going though, they would steal them here in North East Texas, and haul them to the Dallas area to sell them... They were EVEN ADVERTISING in the Dallas papers.
Everybody just remember, if you run in a store (Wal-mart, convience store, etc...) they can be there and gone before you know it. I've heard of them backing right up to the rear of another truck, and pushing it out of one, into another. I've heard of guys having them chained to their trailers, only to have the entire trailer stolen. After hearing all these stories, and knowing the criminal justice systems low priority of these crimes, Unless im in the vehicle or within eyesight of it, one of my machines is on the trailer sideways, the other backed up to it, and the two are chained rear a-arm to frame and the trailer is locked to the truck... I know I can't stop somebody if they REALLY want it, but I CAN make it more difficult if they're looking for an EASY target.
Anywhere i've ever ridden, I've never had a problem, its during transport that I worry.
Sorry this is so long, I JUST HATE THIEVES!!!!

Old 07-29-1999, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Let me just say that Texas IS a CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT STATE...<HINT HINT>(just in case any would be thieves are scoping on here...)
To Quote somebody Famous: "An ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY!"

Old 07-29-1999, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer

After reading the paper today, I have a few corrections to make. Kevin I was wondering if you would post, Did you see the story about this on the news last nite??

They only actually stole 11 fourwheelers, they also stole generators, lawn mowers, and weed eaters. There have been around 40 stolen in the past 5 years. The news last nite had this all turned around. This is what they have been charged with:
9 counts of theft of over 1,000
2 counts of theft of over 500
1 count of burglary
9 counts of vandilisem

I think they will serve some time in the county hotel

The funny part is how they got caught. A Fentress county deputy, fentress county is right next to Scott County, was about to buy a fourwheeler from one of the suspects. For some reason he decided to run the VIN# through NCIC, it came back stolen and the deputy contacted local law enforcement.

This is where writing down your serial number comes in handy.

I'll let ya'll know more as i hear it.

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* t-wolf

Old 07-30-1999, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

Boo to them!

------------------
*400EX* *LT250R* Evan Johnson Email: JaVa003@AoL.CoM

Quick Reply: Fourwheeler Thieves Caught