The NFL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: Sparky8370

The pats always seem to play better during those last two minutes for some reason. Maybe thy're just procrastinators?
LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: mywifesquad
I watched most of the chargers/patriot game and it didnt look like either team wanted to win all that bad.
Really? I thought it was an awesome game. It was very exciting, going back and forth. I was on the edge of my seat. personally, I like the lower scoring games that look like both teams are having a tough time, because they are pretty equally matched.

And I got to say, I was watching LT in amazement. Dam, is he good. I even caught myself smiling watching him just smoke our guys, just cause he's so dam good. I do feel bad for him, because he was pretty much their whole offense and with talent like his, you'd like to see him in the big one.

I don't understand hating the pats though, well besides the dance thing- but that's not really the usual for the pats, and like I said before I think they were just throwing it back in their faces. They have come a long way in these last few years.
It just seemed like the chargers were doing everything in their power to give the game to the patriots. And every time the patriots got another freebee it seemed to me like they figured they didnt want to win that way. i could be wrong and didnt watch all of it but i got that same feeling watching the seahawks/bears too. There was no sense of urgency until the last couple of minutes.

I only hate the raiders.
You just hate Al Davis. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 01:06 PM
TPR
The Champ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: TPR
Look Sparky, my real beef is not losing, we gave them oppertunities to win the game and they took advantage. That's what good teams do.

What made me mad, was considering the fact that up to this point, I thought of the Pat's as a classy team, they really get the game handed to them on a silver platter and instead of being humble and thinking "Dang, we could have easily lost that one" they acted like they had just won 70-0 over their arch rivals. That was dissappointing.

I think of Tom Brady much like you look at LT, the kid is nails, he get's the job done better than most, even with the talent around him changing. Heck if he can make Reche Caldwell look good dude must have skills.

(Looks down, kicks the horse one last time....yeah, it's dead....)

TPR
I hope I didn't offend you or anything, and that's not how I've taken it either. Just football.
Yep, agreed...

TPR

Old 01-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!
Default The NFL Thread

This is how hard it is to predict the super bowl. My wife said that New Orleans was going to win it, after we watched the Monday nite game in the SuperDome. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Just goes to show, if you can make it to the playoffs, you have a chance.....man I love the NFL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 10:54 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: Scootergptx

You just hate Al Davis. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
True, and I enjoy watching his team lose. It was a great year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default The NFL Thread

I had a bet going on another forum. Someone said something about the chargers playing the pats, I forget exactly what he had said but he was rootin' for the chargers. Wasn't the topic of his thread, he just threw it in there. So I replied, and PSd at the end "the chargers are getting ready to play their last game of the season!" and did a little smiley face. Well, he called me out. Told me to put my avatar where my mouth is. Terms of the bet were that the winner gets to pick the losers avatar. I haven't decided yet, told I might just make him keep the one he's got because it's LT.LOL, I think I'm gonna go with a pic of the brokeback mtn guys.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default The NFL Thread

I think I'm gonna go with a pic of the brokeback mtn guys.

Oooo now thats mean! haha! Go for it!

Old 01-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default The NFL Thread

I'd say go for it Sparky. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default The NFL Thread

I don't know if he's changed it yet, but I told him I wanted the Pats logo with "greatest team in the league" below it, than after 2 weeks change it to the brokeback boys with "brokeback mtn rider" below it.

Any predictions on tomorrows game between ne and indy, I hear they have an awesome kicker to take up the slack?

Old 01-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default The NFL Thread

Patriots and Bears will play in the SuperBowl.

Quick Reply: The NFL Thread